• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toffee tucking into his hay at last

Hi :wave:

Ordered some samples of hay from hayforpets, well it came today and at long last toffee is eating his hay, cant stop going out and watching him :D am i sad :lol::lol::lol:

Trying to get some photo's uploaded but not having any luck, will keep trying
x

Last edited:
I guess that lovely bun on your avatar is Toffee? Look forward to seeing the pics of him enjoying his new hay.:)
sue:wave:

That's great news!!! :thumb:

There's nothing better than seeing a bun tuck into their hay when they have been previously fussy with it!!!

Two of my three have become so fussy, I'm constantly having to look around and order different types to keep their interest up, and my bun who loves hay has turned into a dental bun, feel like I can't win at the moment!!!

Finally mangaged to get some photo's uploaded of toffee enjoying his hay:D. The brown paws you can see is our chocolate lab millie wondering what all the fuss is about lol

2a2e0d37-cff3-4692-9a21-a8e65fabd535.jpg

9d5b4a6a-9641-4114-9862-f04404ca981f.jpg
[/IMG]

16ba3597-32fd-44d2-ae89-d0d4132ee25c.jpg

Awww you need to throw a lot more than that in there, he should be eating his own body size ideally in hay per day, use a cheaper one if possible on the hutch flooring/litter tray aswell for warmth and comfort and put the tasty stuff at the front so he can nibble it while in the tray, mine are literally surrounded by hay :lol: Toffee is lovely :love:

Awww you need to throw a lot more than that in there, he should be eating his own body size ideally in hay per day, use a cheaper one if possible on the hutch flooring/litter tray aswell for warmth and comfort and put the tasty stuff at the front so he can nibble it while in the tray, mine are literally surrounded by hay :lol: Toffee is lovely :love:

:wave:
he normally has lots of hay but i had noticed that i never say him eating his hay anymore, id been buying different kinds but no luck, then i found this website that sold samples so i only put some in to see what one (if any) he would eat, ye ha :D:D:D he liked it (he like the timothy) so i am now waiting on a load to be delivered :):)

:wave:
he normally has lots of hay but i had noticed that i never say him eating his hay anymore, id been buying different kinds but no luck, then i found this website that sold samples so i only put some in to see what one (if any) he would eat, ye ha :D:D:D he liked it (he like the timothy) so i am now waiting on a load to be delivered :):)

Cool thats brilliant for you and him - he'll have good teeth, the hay might cost but is nothing compared to dental bills!

I'd still be inclined to use a cheaper meadow hay as bedding and put the 'food' hay in a basket/hay rack on the edges of his litter tray so he can eat it, no point him weeing on the good stuff ;)

Well done! I had a selection pack from another hay company, and 3 of my buns went mad for the oat hay - so I bought a large bag of it (about £40) and now none of them are eating it! They are sooo fussy sometimes - it's like they just know how to drive me mad :lol::lol::lol:

Back