• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice needed....at work

Leelu

Alpha Buck
Just seen an email from a member of staff at work saying some how his 2 rabbits have had a litter and is looking to give them away for free, apparently there are 8 weeks old
Seriously not sure what to do

All you can do is give advice about home checking etc. Say you have worried because you've known people to pick up free rabbits for snake food.

Also give some advice on neutering both of them, saying they can email you if they need any advice. Apologise for being forward but you just wanted to help.

That's what I'd do. :wave:

Also if you can sex rabbits you could offer to do that for them. :)

Just seen an email from a member of staff at work saying some how his 2 rabbits have had a litter and is looking to give them away for free, apparently there are 8 weeks old
Seriously not sure what to do

I think you should speak to him and and advise him to come on here and do his research. Be nice about it and advise that you think it would be a great place for him to advertise his baby rabbits and know that they will be going to good homes.

Could you email and offer to do a homecheck if someone wants to take them? That way you could offer advice to prospective owners too? :)

Tell them horror stories about free rabbits ending up as snake food or 'dog toys', and of course kids pets which soon get abandoned. Hopefully this will convince them to up their prices. You can then tell them about homechecking and asking new owners questions to find the best homes possible, and try convince them rabbits are NOT kids pets, they should not sell to anyone who is buying a rabbit for a child.

Sorry ladies I'm currently at work so finding it hard to reply.
I've met him once
I've replied telling him about this forum and all the horror stories
Fingers crossed I get a reply

Let us know what happens! we can only do our best when it comes to things like this and sometimes it's not always enough. Good luck :wave:

The litter has come from his original 2 rabbits. They obviously male and female so you could maybe advise him to neuter and spay them. Also recommend a rabbit savvy vet if you have a rabbit savvy vet maybe talk to him about your one.

Back