• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fans for hutches/runs

Used to use them in a petshop I worked in. Great idea, but they aren't very efficient, and the batteries don't last very long, so end up being quite expensive.

I'd agree with what's already been said really.

I always used the high setting otherwise you don't feel anything at all but even then you can't feel it unless you sit quite close (and in a large run, the chances are the bunnies will choose to sit elsewhere, as mine do as soon as I attach the fan :roll::lol:) It's designed for dog crates really, so is probably adequate in those circumstances.

And, yes, it's very juicy on batteries. :shock:

I use a 12v fan attached to a car battery, which in turn is attached to a solar charger panel.

That's a good idea!

I have a little electric one I usually use, but I don't like to leave it on if I'm not here incase it rains. :roll: Thought these might be a good idea, but maybe not!.......I'll stick with the one I've got I think.

Back