• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

re litter training

carolineclair

Warren Scout
As Maples decided she no longer wants to be litter trained and would rather pee and poo all over my house I have today started new training. I've confined her to just one room (the kitchen) put in her fav toys a comfy bed and a hideaway house. Where she weed I soaked up some kitchen towel and put it in the litter tray anhave put all the poos in there too. Is there anymore I can do? Or until she's sorted am I destined to be clearinup behind her?! Should I keep her in the smaller kitchen area constantly or is it ok when I get home from work to let her have a bit of free time? Not sure what's for the best? Thank

Has she just suddenly decided to stop being litter trained then? Was she 'perfect' before now?

If so, i'd think about a veterinary check up, as it could be indicative of some kind of issue arising thats caused her to become non-trained.

I spoke to a vet at a social gathering on saturday and she said its because she's hit sexual maturity and she's marking her territory. Lots of other signs of sexual maturity so no reason to doubt this is the reason. She's 4 months old. She was perfect before but it kind of just happened I didn't train her so this is all new to me.

I spoke to a vet at a social gathering on saturday and she said its because she's hit sexual maturity and she's marking her territory. Lots of other signs of sexual maturity so no reason to doubt this is the reason. She's 4 months old. She was perfect before but it kind of just happened I didn't train her so this is all new to me.

Ah :lol:

That answers that then. I wouldnt bother trying again, until post-spay, she probably won't take to it :)

Ok so for the next two months I should keep her in the kitchen then re try after the spay? Oh lordy my house is going to be one huge litter tray lol!!! She's the only rabbit in the house so I don't know who shes marking it for!! Silly girl :)

Back