• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Azithromycin (Zithromax) cost?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone know it?

I'm meant to be picking some up today for Ginger, but i forgot to ask the cost on Friday and im worried i can't afford it and then will have no meds for her :(

Anyone?

I used to pay £17, but got charged £22 on Saturday :shock:

If you can't afford it, what about getting a prescription and buying from a chemist or online?

I used to pay £17, but got charged £22 on Saturday :shock:

If you can't afford it, what about getting a prescription and buying from a chemist or online?

If thats what it is, i can afford it, but am going to be asking for a prescription for Metacam, as its so expensive from the vets.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and happy Birthday :D

If thats what it is, i can afford it, but am going to be asking for a prescription for Metacam, as its so expensive from the vets.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and happy Birthday :D

BTW zithromax doesn't last very long (5 days after being mixed with water...although I sometimes stretch it to 7 days)...so you might want to divide it into 2 halves and mix one lot up first, and only mix the other when the first is used up.

If you do get a script, try to get it for more than one bottle if possible. My vet always uses at least 2 bottles for a basic course.

BTW zithromax doesn't last very long (5 days after being mixed with water...although I sometimes stretch it to 7 days)...so you might want to divide it into 2 halves and mix one lot up first, and only mix the other when the first is used up.

If you do get a script, try to get it for more than one bottle if possible. My vet always uses at least 2 bottles for a basic course.

Awesome, thank you for that, i will see what they say when they call back :)

Yes, on my prescriptions I get a prescription for one bottle repeated six times so I end up with seven bottles and I can pull them off as and when I want them:wave:

Graham, mine cost £43!! But if you get a prescription instead you can just get it from a chemist for about £20 :wave:

We pay about £11 per bottle that mixes up into 15 mls.

How come some vets can justify charging so much when others don't!! :shock: I can't believe the difference in prices between vets!! :shock:

I'll be looking at the bill for next time, but they'd ordered it in for me, so i felt bad saying "no ta, just a prescription please" but i've got a 32ml bottle of metacam and the azithromycin for £32.50.

Got to pick it up today so will see the individual costs soon :wave:

Thanks to you who took the time to post :)

Back