• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please....urgent vibes for my Moomoo Ud: She's coming home :D

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
Just got home from an exhasting day helping mum to find Marnie covered in wee, refusing food, very cold and making pain noises. she also seemed to be straining.
Rang the vets and then Mum, dispite being knackered and nearly home she came all the way back to sit in the house with Rosie (whos in bed)
Marnie's been admitted for IV fluids, vetergeric, metacam & metaclop. vet could feel what she thought might be compacted ceatotrophs, and when manipulated even just gently she squeaked and started to shake.
Plan is for xrays in the morning if she hasn't improved. Thank god for my mummy....otherwise I'd have to have got Rosie out of bed o_O
Please, any vibes you have spare would be most appreciated.....she is such a wondeful bun, even if she is a bit on the naughty side :love:
Blue is moping and cross with me, and i feel terrible for leving them all day :cry: Im so worried

Last edited:
I hope she recovers quickly!
They do pick their times to take bad don't they :(

lots of vibes from me and the buns :love:

Than k you all so much. I'm so frightened for her. Went to the vets with no shoes on and I think I stood on something...it's quite sore :cry:
I don't want to go to bed :cry: what if I don't hear the phone :cry:

Than k you all so much. I'm so frightened for her. Went to the vets with no shoes on and I think I stood on something...it's quite sore :cry:
I don't want to go to bed :cry: what if I don't hear the phone :cry:

Sleep by the phone. You'll hear it. You're a mum and mums are designed to wake up when they hear things. :)

Poor Marnie, sending lots of vibes and hoping it's something very easily treated.

I hope Marnie has been helped by the meds this morning. It is great that your mum could help you even after a hectic day!

I really hope that Marnie has improved overnight

If it is an impacted cecum then aggressive fluids, lactulose, cisapride/domperidone or zantac aswell as metaclop, metacam and vetergesic may be helpful. But it can take several days of ongoing treatment, so dont lose hope.

Sending loads of vibes xx

Well....I hardly slept but haven't heard anything, and that's probably a good thing. Just been into the dining room to sort some laundry, and found a ripped up teabag and an empty tub of strawberries. I know the strawberries were 1/2 full and marnie wasu p there yesterday mornng (don't ask me how)......do you thing that willl be the problem?
I'll tell the Vet when I ring at 8.30 just in case.
Thank you all so much for your vibes, Blue is very upset, he's spent the last 10 minutes demanding nserubs and weeing on me :roll:

Well....I hardly slept but haven't heard anything, and that's probably a good thing. Just been into the dining room to sort some laundry, and found a ripped up teabag and an empty tub of strawberries. I know the strawberries were 1/2 full and marnie wasu p there yesterday mornng (don't ask me how)......do you thing that willl be the problem?
I'll tell the Vet when I ring at 8.30 just in case.
Thank you all so much for your vibes, Blue is very upset, he's spent the last 10 minutes demanding nserubs and weeing on me :roll:

Could well be that ingesting a lot of strawberries has caused acute dysbiosis. The fruit sugars playing havoc with her cecum.

The teabag shouldn't cause much of a problem in a Rabbit who's guts are working, but it might need a bit of help to shift it through in a Rabbit with compromised GI tract motility.

Back