• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sulking bun- claw clipping advice needed

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
It's claw clipping time again. Oscar was great, just sits there while you do his claws not moving an inch. Jessie on the other hand... :?

After finally managing to get hold of her after a lot of squirming, we managed to do 2 claws before she reared up and got out of my arms with a lot of fur flying and struggling, stomping and then running off to sulk here for the next 5 minutes:

P1010066.jpg

So now I don't know what to do, she is only really just starting to trust us and come to us for nose rubs without running away, I don't want to have to keep fighting with her to cut her claws. Any suggestions?

:lol::lol:

I'm so sorry - I have absolutely nothing to help. But I laughed out loud at your description.

She looks just like my Binky - I like her reading choice!

Hope someone else has advice, because I could use it too for the same reasons.

:lol::lol:

I'm so sorry - I have absolutely nothing to help. But I laughed out loud at your description.

She looks just like my Binky - I like her reading choice!

Hope someone else has advice, because I could use it too for the same reasons.

:lol::lol::lol: You haven't seen the state of the books though :roll:

:lol::lol::lol: You haven't seen the state of the books though :roll:

:s does she chew them? Mine chew the ones under the coffee table :(
Bye bye all the birthday cards I shoved under there!

Cleared the bottom shelf on the bookcase - it's a favourite spot though, much like yours seems to be!

:s does she chew them? Mine chew the ones under the coffee table :(
Bye bye all the birthday cards I shoved under there!

Cleared the bottom shelf on the bookcase - it's a favourite spot though, much like yours seems to be!

Oscar is worse than Jessie at chewing them, most of the books don't have corners anymore :lol::lol: we don't have anywhere else to keep them though. They seem to go in phases too, most the time they will ignore them, then they will just become obsessed with chewing them for a day or so :roll:

I love Mary Berry!! Her recipes are great and easy to follow!

Does your vet run nurse clinics? Ours do free rabbit ones and you can get their nails trimmed. That way it would be someone else falling out with her rather than risking her trust in you.

I love Mary Berry!! Her recipes are great and easy to follow!

Does your vet run nurse clinics? Ours do free rabbit ones and you can get their nails trimmed. That way it would be someone else falling out with her rather than risking her trust in you.

I know! We got given the book from the OHs parents, it's great :D

The last time we were in the vets with her the vet wouldn't cut her nails after she jumped off the table :?

Is she due a visit to the vet any time soon? Bubbles needs hers done, but she's still getting used to me so im waiting for the vet to do it :)

Back