• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Baileys *ahem* female parts - is this normal? (gross warning!)

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
Eurgh, feel so gross and nasty (sorry Bails!) for posting this,

028 by princess1406, on Flickr

Is this normal? For a girl. Just been grooming her and haven't noticed her parts being this 'gappy'!

This is kind of to the side of the main 'bit'.

Sure it's nothing, but, as we had that tiff with her and Binky the other week, wanted to check she's not hurt!

Yep.Bit grubby though.Its her glands we were chatting about yesterday.
Is she a dental bun or another problem?? A fit bunny would keep this area clean.xxxxxx

Yes, absolutely normal. That is where her scent gland is. She will have one on the other side as well. You may find it's a bit stinky and there may be a build of gunk if she doesn't clean it properly.

Is it grubby? Where? (Sorry just not sure which bit you're looking at! The fluff or her bits?)

She's not a dental no.

(The orange bits are her feet haha - she's ginger)

Theres a dark bit in the er...actual bits.Just a quick look and I thought it was er...grubby.:oops:
My Lily's was grubby.I do have to check her as shes a dental bun and has spinal probs.Cant bend enough to reach in to clean.

Thanks for the link to the other thread.

Maybe it is grubby - when I brush her in that area it sometimes smells a bit, but just a few seconds - I figured she was just making a smell then stopping.

She's only 4 months old so I hope there's no bad reason why she's not cleaning well.

She never gets a mucky bum and keeps her fluff down there very clean.

Thanks for the link to the other thread.

Maybe it is grubby - when I brush her in that area it sometimes smells a bit, but just a few seconds - I figured she was just making a smell then stopping.

She's only 4 months old so I hope there's no bad reason why she's not cleaning well.

She never gets a mucky bum and keeps her fluff down there very clean.

Teeth problems can happen at any age.A few spurs can develop, but get chewed down to nothing if all is in order in the mouth.Just keep an eye.
If she gets grubby, flies can follow, Id expect.
Hope you found the answers you were looking for.xx

Back