• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When the weather is like this...

gwaterhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Do you put a cover over the front of your buns hutches?

I try not to, but I went out just now and Mary's face was wet, so I've decided to put the cover down to atleast stop the rain getting in, i think it's where she sits close to the front of the hutch and the angle the rain is coming at!

i have a cover to put over the shed door and the top end of the run to keep inside dry if the rain is falling that way.
they still get daylight through though. :)

My hutch has two tiers and i have a clear plastic shavings bag secured over either end and half way across the front. This is to try and keep the bottom part dry as well as Ralf. Today because of the driving sideways rain i did hang a tarpaulin over the front, again with air and light space. It can't be much fun sitting in the rain with no where to get out of it!

I have a hutch hugger so it's clear plastic on the front, that's down in this rain and there's tarp on top of the runs (but not on the sides, so still air flow! They are nice and dry and snug as bugs!

I've got a clear tarpaulin all the way across the front of the kennel and run, so the buns are all nice and dry but can still enjoy the view. :D

yes, I used to put a clear shower curtain all the way over but the bottom tier was getting drenched inside so now I put a solid front on the bottom tier and leave the top tier open as for some reason this tier doesn't get too wet.

My two had a tarpalin over both their hutches yesterday, as the rain was blowing straight in the front. I did it so they can still see each other though :love:

My hutches are close enough to the washing line I can pull the tarp out and over the top of the line making them an awning! they still have a view but are kept dry.

Back