• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some Garden Birds

wally4eva

Mama Doe
So this weekend I have taken up a bit of bird watching from my bedroom window (instead of revising:oops: ), it's so interesting, you can just sit there for hours watching the birds go about their buisness:love:

And I love using the binoculars, because everything is so clear and you can see all the little feathers on the birds perfectly:love:

Soo, I got my camera out and attempted to take some picture through the binoculars, to see how they would turn out. And to my suprise, their not too bad, they are not great quality or always in focus, but you can see the birds! And I love the effect it gives the pictures, just the birds are in focus and the backround is a bit blurred, here a few of the pictures I took:

Quite blurred, but I love the action:love:
P1040130.jpg

Another bit blurry one
P1040196.jpg

Male House Sparrow
P1040191.jpg

Female House Sparrow
P1040171.jpg

Not too sure what this little guy is, looks kind of like a sparrow but is a bit different:oops:
P1040175.jpg

And then this little guy, the cutest little bird I have ever seen, he was so adorable:love::love: Haven't seen him again today but I'm keeping my eyes peeled:love:
P1040157.jpg

P1040159.jpg

P1040162.jpg

P1040158.jpg

We think he might be a pied wagtail? Inbetween changing his baby to feathers to adult feathers?
He was just so tiny and cute:love:

Thought I'd just add, the big bird feeder is only a tiny bit full, because if we fill it all the way, when the little birds peck at the seeds lots fall out onto the ground, so the pigeons come and get them, scaring away the little birds, and if the pigeons sit on top of the bird feeder holder thing, quite a few seeds fall out of the bird feeder so again, the pigeons eat them off the floor. So we worked out if we just put in a little amount of seeds, although we have to fill it up more often, it means the little birds can just poke their heads in, and it reduces the amount of pigeons that come to scare them away.:D

Last edited:
Great piccies! The one that looks a bit like a sparrow but isn't, is a Dunnock.

The other one looks a bit like a baby Long Tailed Tit, they look like tiny fluffballs!

Last edited:
Great piccies! The one that looks a bit like a sparrow but isn't is a Dunnock.

The other one looks a bit like a baby Long Tailed Tit, they look like tiny fluffballs!

Ooo, thank you!:D Looked up the Long Tailed Tit in the bird book and he does look like one, thanks:love: I love the fluffy look:love:

Back