• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Jimby seems sad... :(

rachylou

Warren Veteran
We moved them upstairs yesterday afternoon and Jimby has not seemed himself today, he seems a bit 'mopy' if that makes any sense?
He is still eating and pooping- although his poops arent quite his normal poops yet, so I am keeping an eye on him.
Could it just be that he is feeling a bit depressed to have been moved away from his Mummy? :(

We moved them upstairs yesterday afternoon and Jimby has not seemed himself today, he seems a bit 'mopy' if that makes any sense?
He is still eating and pooping- although his poops arent quite his normal poops yet, so I am keeping an eye on him.
Could it just be that he is feeling a bit depressed to have been moved away from his Mummy? :(

Yes, this is what happened with my bun when we moved her upstairs for a week whilst we had builders downstairs. She seemed unhappy and didn't have much energy. The difference in her was amazing when we brought her back down.

is Jimby staying upstairs? I think if he is then he will soon cheer up again and start exploring and binkying etc but for a few days he will be feeling a bit confused, I don't think you need to worry too much but so long as you keep a close eye on him and make sure he gets the same amount of company then he should be fine in no time. x

Thankyou Tasmin, he is my little man, I hate to see him sad :cry:
They will be staying up there from now until baby is about 6 months old so will be upstairs for about 8 months in total then they will come back down here and little Jack will be moved in to his room, which is the room they are currently in.

Thankyou Tasmin, he is my little man, I hate to see him sad :cry:
They will be staying up there from now until baby is about 6 months old so will be upstairs for about 8 months in total then they will come back down here and little Jack will be moved in to his room, which is the room they are currently in.

Have you got two buns? that should be a lot better for him then if he has his friend with him. My poor bun was on her own which I think made it worse. I'm sure within a few days he will be back to his usual self again!
:)

Yep he has Cookie his wife bun! :love:
They are so in love so I know he is being looked after when I am not there but my poor baby! :cry:

Yep he has Cookie his wife bun! :love:
They are so in love so I know he is being looked after when I am not there but my poor baby! :cry:

Oh yes I do remember now that you have cookie. These buns do make us worry at times! Hope everthing goes well keep us updated x

We have had a binky and a flop tonight!! :love: :love:
I had to run around tickling his bum then he binkied and then ran in to his house and flopped right in front of me! :love: :love:
Funnily enough it was after I said to him that I missed having him downstairs too.

We have had a binky and a flop tonight!! :love: :love:
I had to run around tickling his bum then he binkied and then ran in to his house and flopped right in front of me! :love: :love:
Funnily enough it was after I said to him that I missed having him downstairs too.

Yaaaaay!! Well done Jimby! So pleased to hear this! :love:

aww poor Jimby
Give him lots of treats, go and see him lots and get some new things for them to play with.

He will soon forgive you! I had to do the same with Sooty and Oreo - after a few days they loved it upstairs

Back