• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please meet Ellie

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
My neice rang me a few weeks ago to ask me if we wanted another rabbit as her friend had one she wanted to rehome :roll:

It turns out her friend had bought a bunny from PAH that was a 'dwarf' bunny & she was now too big for her to manage :roll: She'd also got a two year old so didn't have enough time for the bun! Basically they'd got her as a baby & when she grew they got bored!! :evil: She'd lost the cuteness factor & was no longer wanted :cry:

To be honest I was expecting this big dwarf lop bunny but when I arrived I found this little 2kg bunny who was really very dainty. I told them if they wanted to know what big bunnies look like to come & meet Archie & Nala!!

She'd been kept indoors & was in very good condition - however, it's just a pity they'd confined the poor girl to a 3 x 2 indoor cage for most of the time, she'd never experienced a run outside & fed awful nasty brown hay :cry:

I spoke with Angie at BARC to see if they would rehome her through BARC - which Angie very kindly agreed to.

I collected Bella as she was known the same day & brought her home to us to foster until Angie had got space. She is the most beautiful little black lop girlie. We've renamed her Ellie :love:

She was speyed last Monday & the plan is to try to bond her with our single boy Finlay when she is totally recovered in a few weeks time. He's been on his own for 18 months since losing Betsy & being unable to be bonded with Evie :( If Finlay won't accept her being the stroppy moo that he can be, then Ellie will be rehomed by her Auntie Angie & Aunty Tracey.

She is 10 months old, is an absolute darling & loves attention & cuddles ..........................as well as being a total nutter!! In fact she is the perfect BARC bunny!! ;) :p :lol:

When I say total nutter - I mean total nutter!! The week before last she was bombing around the living room & decided she wanted to sit with me on the settee so decided to jump up to be with me..................pity I was eating fish, chips & mushy peas at the time & she landed in the middle of my plate!! :shock: She was most disgusted at the mushy peas on her dainty little paws!! :roll: :lol:

Please keep your fingers crossed that Finlay has mellowed enough to know it's good for him to have a wifey bun again :)

Here's a few pics of this 'huge' girlie :) :love:

Enjoying time outside & nice nommy hay

DSCF6216-1.jpg

Trying to blend in with the fireplace!

DSCF6372.jpg

DSCF6386.jpg

Chilling with Mark last Saturday watching the 'BGT final'!!

DSCF6317.jpg

Last edited:
:love::love::love: She is gorgeous. Looks a little like my bridge bunny Nancy.

I would love an affectionate bunny. :love::love::love:

:lol::lol::lol: No mushy peas for Ellie.

Evie. :cry:

She is beautiful!! :love::love: I love black loppy buns :)

I'm glad she is recovering from her spay and really really hope she bonds well with Finlay as I know you will give her the most amazing life, just like she deserves after her bad start.

Denise shes so pretty! :love:

I hope she bonds with Finlay,shes just your sort of bunny;)

Why did I think you'd told me this one was a REW :oops::?

Back