• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noah's ear abscess has returned u/d P122 doing well after an awful week

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
As you some of you know Noah has been battling an ear abscess since middle of last December :cry: He's had 3 ops to remove it - the last one being mid March & 3 different antibiotics. Since Noah's last op he appeared to have been doing very well after we'd treat it as an open wound & it healed well.

However, the abscess has now sadly returned again for a fourth time :cry: I took Noah to see our vet on Thursday night & she is contacting Frances Harcourt Brown tomorrow to ask her advice on how to continue treating Noah.

Both ourselves & our vet said last time if it came back a fourth time we would not put Noah through another op. However Noah is very well in himself at the moment & in fact has never looked so well.

Depending on FHB's advice we may opt for another operation - if we do Noah will go in on Thursday to have it done. If not then we will continue to try to treat it for as long as possible with meds.

I guess I knew in my heart it would only be a matter of time before it returned - I just hope somehow we can get rid of it finally or at least keep it under control & Noah pain free.

Any spare vibes you could send our special lad would be greatly appreciated xxx

DSCF6049.jpg

Last edited:
Oh no, not the lovely Noah. :(:( I'm so sorry the abcess has returned Denise. Sending millions of vibes. xx

Poor Noah :( Loads of vibes for him. Does Noah sleep in your bed or have I completely made that up??

Thanks guys - I've got my fingers crossed Alison that FHB can help him - if anyone can, then it's FHB.

Poor Noah :( Loads of vibes for him. Does Noah sleep in your bed or have I completely made that up??

Yes he does Louise - complete with our three cats. This is his normal sleeping place :love:

DSCF4762.jpg

We can 'just' get in bed most nights!! :roll: :lol:

He is absolutely gorgeous. Sending millions of vibes to Noah & to you. Please keep us updated, is the abscess actually inside his ear? :( XX

So sorry to read that the abscess had returned.

Sending mega-vibes fro Noah and some ((hugs)) for you.

sorry its returned, having battled an abscess myself i know how hard it s. Noah has the best mom and vet to help him so he can get through it xxx

Sorry to hear it has come back- tons of vibes for him. Noah is such a special bunny, everything crossed FHB has some answers. xxx

Hi Denise. You probably don't know that my white lop Totti has had an ear abscess for exactly the same amount of time. He's 9 1/2 years old so we're not putting him through any more ops that required a GA. We are treating it by keeping a drain hole in the abscess and I squeeze the pus out daily. When the wound heals over, it's reopened under local anaesthetic.

PM me if you want any more info - it might be an avenue of treatment you could consider.

Regards

Jill

I'm so sorry that the :censored: abscess is back. :(
Sending lots of vibes for your little man xxx
He is a very determined bunny and lucky enough to have you and the best vets on his side.

Thank you everyone for your good wishes for Noah - lets hope somehow we can sort it one way or another.

Hi Denise. You probably don't know that my white lop Totti has had an ear abscess for exactly the same amount of time. He's 9 1/2 years old so we're not putting him through any more ops that required a GA. We are treating it by keeping a drain hole in the abscess and I squeeze the pus out daily. When the wound heals over, it's reopened under local anaesthetic.

PM me if you want any more info - it might be an avenue of treatment you could consider.

Regards

Jill

Thanks Jill - will pm you in a little while :)

Poor Totti :cry: It's awful isn't it because you feel so helpless? :(

It does worry me with Noah's age too as he's now about 8+ years old & the last ops have really knocked him for six.

After his last op we ended up having to lance the wound again as it started to swell up a week after & we flushed it each day with hisbiscrub & I then packed it with manuka honey which helped massively. But sadly it seems it was only a short term solution :(

We're going in tomorrow morning to see our vet so will mention how you're treating Totti's & if it's an option for us to try.

Back