• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naughty Archie!

Alicia

Mama Doe
After Molly got out of the run a few weeks ago I wasn't going to let my rabbits free range but my Mum really wanted to let them free range and Archie and Molly really like it, so for the past week we've been letting them out at the same time each night for 30 minutes (I was hoping if I let them out at the same time it would be more of a routine and perhaps easier to catch them) and they weren't too hard to catch after they'd been free ranging, we had to block parts off and herd them a bit :lol: but it was ok. But on Friday we let them out and then we couldn't find them. A few minutes later I heard my neighbour say over the fence 'erm... we have a rabbit here" :shock: My Mum told me the garden was rabbit proof, my wonderful neighbours were trying to get Archie to go back through the fence, and I managed to catch Molly in a stinging nettle bush (ouch) I had to sit in the bush with her because everytime I moved she kicked me and I was worried I was going to drop her, but I got her back in the run and eventually Archie came back through too, wondering what all the fuss was about.

And when we told my Dad what had happened, he said that Archie wanted to see if the grass was greener on the other side of the fence, and laughed for half an hour :lol: It was very scary and they will definetly not be free ranging again, I've said it before but I'm really really not going to risk it anymore. I feel really bad for the rabbits because they love it, and they do loads of binkies, but I don't want them to get hurt. Their run isn't even very big it's 6ft x 4ft :( and they don't seem to like the run :(

Back