• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scent remover

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
is it 50% vinger and 50% water mix? How long would you say I should leave it before I can put all the rabbits back in together? I put them back in 24 hours later and Blossom could still smell her scent. I had sprayed with vinger but probably not enough. So they're back inside until I can remove all scent trace.

Tips/suggestions?

I use 50/50 mix but you can try plain vinegar. I'd use the white stuff not malt cos I think malt can stain things.

I use 50/50 mix but you can try plain vinegar. I'd use the white stuff not malt cos I think malt can stain things.

We can only get molt :roll: which sucks, I may have to try full strength. I may have made the mistake of spraying it with their disinfectant before putting them in (just so it smelt nice) maybe Blossom recognised that? Hmmm, need to be more careful me thinks!

It won't hurt them or anything. Maybe just test anything you're worried about staining on a patch where it wont be seen before you do everything.

It won't hurt them or anything. Maybe just test anything you're worried about staining on a patch where it wont be seen before you do everything.

I'm not worried about a stain as it's on a dark wooden hutch in the garden, I just want to know whats the minimum waiting time for it to set before I can put them back in. I don't want the vinegar to irritate their eyes or anything :roll: I'm not sure if I left it too long, too little or just didn't spray enough?

The vinegar scent dissipates pretty quick. I'd say until you can't smell it strongly yourself.

Back