• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Boarding Help - West Yorkshire Area

I'm getting seriously worried now. I'm going on holiday soon but I have no one to look after my pets. I did until it turned out she was allergic to my bunnies and they almost had her going into hospital. :shock: :(

So I've been searching boarding places, most have too small accomodation. The 2 good ones I have come across, Tucker bunnies and Holiday Hutches are too far away from me. :(

I don't know what to do. I have to find places for a single bunny, a trio and a pair of guinea pigs. They are all outdoor pets, used to living in a shed.

ETA: I can't really afford over £100 with all Mischief's dental bills right now so the stress is getting to me. :shock: I also have exams at school for the next two weeks and I can't think straight. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear :( ((hugs))

Do you have a friend at school who would be willing to come round every day to look after them? I don't know of any boarding places near you but if you're driving to an airport/or the place where you're staying could you find somewhere on the way there and drop them off then?

I don't really have any other ideas :?

Oh and good luck with your exams x

Oh dear :( ((hugs))

Do you have a friend at school who would be willing to come round every day to look after them? I don't know of any boarding places near you but if you're driving to an airport/or the place where you're staying could you find somewhere on the way there and drop them off then?

I don't really have any other ideas :?

Oh and good luck with your exams x

Thanks, I don't think they'd fit in the car with us on the way to our holiday. There's 5 in my family and our luggage takes up the whole car. :lol:

My friends live quite a bit away to come up everyday. If I can find someone to have Blossom and someone else to have the piggies then I will only have to find boarding for the trio which wont be as expensive. But where? :?

My mum suggested oping our own boarding business, there's nothing around here. :roll: But then where would my pets go when I went away? :p

I edited your title to add where you are. :wave:

Could you phone the local vet surgeries and see if they can recommend anyone that boards buns and piggies? Maybe even a house sitter? I used to house sit for our clients when I was a vet nurse so might be worth asking if any of the nurses do this?

I edited your title to add where you are. :wave:

Could you phone the local vet surgeries and see if they can recommend anyone that boards buns and piggies? Maybe even a house sitter? I used to house sit for our clients when I was a vet nurse so might be worth asking if any of the nurses do this?

oh thank you, I should have done that! :oops:

That's a good idea. I will probably ring up and ask. :)

I don't know sorry, it is very hard to find somewhere suitable. I'd love to look after them if you was closer! Good luck :) xx

Not sue if this is any help but there is a bunny & piggie boarding place near to us in Lincolnshire. Sorry i'm not much help:(, good luck for your exams tho.xx

Thanks everyone. :)

I have now booked the trio in with Holiday Hutches. :) They sound great and will be able to collect my rabbits. :D They have nice big hutches with daily run time. They provide food, hay and veg and the bunnies get their bum checked twice a day!

Now just got to find somewhere for my pair of piggies and Blossom....?

Thanks everyone. :)

I have now booked the trio in with Holiday Hutches. :) They sound great and will be able to collect my rabbits. :D They have nice big hutches with daily run time. They provide food, hay and veg and the bunnies get their bum checked twice a day!

Now just got to find somewhere for my pair of piggies and Blossom....?

If the trio are coming to Barnsley could you then consider taking the others somewhere near Doncaster like the bunny retreat if you could get them all a lift to Barnsley with the holiday hutches people? I live between the two so I'd be happy to help with a lift Barnsley - Doncaster as long as I'm not at work when you need it.
Pm me if you think that could help.
Totally understand exam stress.. good luck!

How long are you going away for? Im not sure how far away i am from you, Emma, but im in Cleveland.

If your still stuck, i dont mind helping out, but they would have to live indoors for the period you were away and i cant collect them, im afraid. Im sure youll have found someone before you go though. Cant your aunty help, or your neighbour who usually looks after them? xxx

I'm getting seriously worried now. I'm going on holiday soon but I have no one to look after my pets. I did until it turned out she was allergic to my bunnies and they almost had her going into hospital. :shock: :(

So I've been searching boarding places, most have too small accomodation. The 2 good ones I have come across, Tucker bunnies and Holiday Hutches are too far away from me. :(

I don't know what to do. I have to find places for a single bunny, a trio and a pair of guinea pigs. They are all outdoor pets, used to living in a shed.

ETA: I can't really afford over £100 with all Mischief's dental bills right now so the stress is getting to me. :shock: I also have exams at school for the next two weeks and I can't think straight. :(

oh dear i know what you feel like at the moment i getting stressted about where to put the rabbits when im on hoilday plus thye would have to be there for over a week.:?

Back