• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My dad's garden!

prettylupin

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry no pics.... I must get some next time i'm down...

But sitting at the kitchen table looking out of the window whilst staying at my dad's in Somerset this week I saw:
Badger running across the field from the Badger set,
Fox also loping across the field,
Baby wildie on the wall picking up the bird food and apple that my dad puts out for the birds (gate and hedge is all finely wired from when Nino and Poppy used to come and visit - but the baby wildie can squeeze through the gate hinges!)
Pair of squirrels on the bird table
Mr and Mrs Woodpecker and loads of lovely birds.
A vole that lives in the wall under the bird table who has cut all the grass stems off and dragged them to the entrance to his burrow to make his nest, you can see him running around under the leaves during the day.
Outside my bedroom window everynight the Little Owl called from the tree and my Pa picked up a cough pellet filled with fur and bones and beetle shells...yuck! but fascinating!! :shock::shock:

All of these were bold as brass in the front garden right under the kitchen window, and then pushing Sammy in his pram up and down the lane there are loads of wild bunnies on the track and in the fields (which is a large point-to-point course)... including a huge young buck rabbit by the first jump who is there everyday! :love::love: We have had a lovely holiday filled with British Wildlife. :love::love:

Now back in the noisy city of Southampton....boo :cry:

That sounds awesome! Sounds like my yard! Loads of all different types of animals. Lots of birds and waterfowl, raccoons, foxes, squirrels, lizards, frogs, toads, fish, you name it!

Never have voles (we have moles though), badgers, or rabbits though.

I can't believe you didnt tell me you were there! I'd of come and said hello! :(

I'm sorry :oops::oops: I did think of you actually and did look across the bay to Burnham from the top of the field and give you a wave! :wave: I didn't have Poppy with me but Sammy would have liked to have met you - i'll let you know next time!!!! :D:wave:

Back