• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for 6x2x2

steveg

Warren Scout
Looking, but the ones i'm finding are made of either plywood, which I don't think will last, or have poor door closure fittings.

The happy hutch company seems to be popular but i was hoping for bolts on doors not just spinning clips and don't want to have to start modifying a brand new hutch.

So looking for tongue and groove plus secure doors.

I just seem to be going round in circles!

Any suggestions welcome. :wave:

Ryedale do lovely strong hutches which come complete with bolts, expensive but will last for many years. Defiantely worth the investment

Does it have to be a hutch? Very often sheds and playhouses - especially the second hand sort can be much better value :wave:

Try having a look on 'ukrabbithutches', I got a run from them and it's great, they do big hutches for good prices. :)

No, doesn't have to be a hutch. Maybe I'll start looking at a small shed.

Liz, I've looked at their website but wasn't sure about the plywood construction as opposed to the tongue and groove. Other than that they looked great.

I think I'm going to check out B&Q and see what I can pick up for the money. I can always add a shelf or a ramp.

I think I'm going to check out B&Q and see what I can pick up for the money. I can always add a shelf or a ramp.

B+Q are doing a 4ftx4ft playhouse for £135 at the mo http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=11027537&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372012}/categories%3C{9372022}/categories%3C{9372071}/specificationsProductType=wooden_playhouses . Its' more sqft than a 6x2 hutch but not being as long the buns can't do as many hops so it would need to be attached to a run.

Yeah, just want to improve things slightly. The second-hand two storey hutch is only four feet, albeit measures 4.5 from outside. But what I've noticed more than anything is that when it rained really heavily a couple of days ago the whole of the ground floor got really wet.

It's really not deep enough or long enough and the ramp does take up a lot of space, so looking for something a bit better. He is in his run most of the time or in the house but would like to improve it anyway. Will keep you updated.

Peter now completely back to normal. Sat down beside me last night and watched tv :lol:, also uses his litter tray in our snug - amazing, given that we've only had him three weeks! Also eating like before which is great.

I asked a guy who made sheds to make me a short version of a shed as a hutch. It cost me £150. He put mesh doors on it for me and it's waterproof and lovely and sturdy. Might be an option if you have someone like that near you. :)

Yeah, just want to improve things slightly. The second-hand two storey hutch is only four feet, albeit measures 4.5 from outside. But what I've noticed more than anything is that when it rained really heavily a couple of days ago the whole of the ground floor got really wet.

It's really not deep enough or long enough and the ramp does take up a lot of space, so looking for something a bit better. He is in his run most of the time or in the house but would like to improve it anyway. Will keep you updated.

Peter now completely back to normal. Sat down beside me last night and watched tv :lol:, also uses his litter tray in our snug - amazing, given that we've only had him three weeks! Also eating like before which is great.

Glad to hear he's feeling better :)

Back