• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Unwanted Rabbit

Lobo

Mama Doe
He was found wandering the streets. His family was located but they said they did not want him any more as he was frightened of their new dog. They also said he was about 18 months old but they had not bothered to give him a name. It wasn't a hard decision to offer him a home so we brought him home yesterday and have named him Darragh.:love:

He is in quarantine for a short while then the vet will assess his health for neutering so he can be with the other rabbits.

Considering he was fending for himself he is very easy to handle, grooms himself regularly and loves nose and cheek rubs, but he does enjoy his rest.

Please excuse the spray marks...He is an intact male.:roll:

DSCF1969CR.jpg

DSCF1975CR.jpg

DSCF1979CR.jpg

DSCF1980R.jpg

DSCF1981CR.jpg

DSCF1983CR.jpg

DSCF1965CR.jpg

That camera just woke me.

DSCF1964CR.jpg

DSCF1967R.jpg

If I can't see you, you must not be able to see me.

DSCF1989CR.jpg

Oh he is really gorgeous and looks to have settled in VERY well. Can't believe the cruelty of some people but well done to you for taking him on!! :wave:

What a sweetie! It makes me laugh that you've supplied a soft fleece he'd and he's crashed out on the tiles!! It is the same with mine. They have a foam mat then a towel then a fleece and the sleep on the paving slabs.:lol:

Aww, he's gorgeous! :love: He looks very relaxed and happy to be with you! I just can't believe that some people can't even be bothered to name a pet. I just can't get my head round it. He's lucky to have found you xx

He's gorgeous and he really does seem to have made himself very comfortable and at home with you. :love:

Darragh is gorgeous. :love::love::love:

How could anyone not give him a name and let him roam the streets. Horrible people.

He will have a wonderful new life with you. Looks like he has settled in already.

What a gorgeous bunny. He is so beautiful and seems to have a lovely personality. On the first picture I thought what sweet face and then on the other pictures it shows that he has also a very sweet personality :D
I envy you:wave:

What a lovely boy.Hes really
landed on all 4 paws and knows it.Just hope he realises hes staying, the plums are coming off and hes gonna have friends!! A gorgous name too.(I love the Irish names).

Oh he is absolutely gorgeous :love:

How very sad that the rabbit became so easily disposable when they got their new dog :(

Well done for taking him in I bet he will be a lot happier anyway with you :)

Thanks everyone.:wave:

He is separated behind a pet gate with a run fence making a barrier of a bit over one foot and all the others have met him tonight with no aggression. Milo and Niamh are brother and sister from two different litters we bonded over Easter and Milo was a bit miffed at first but then laid down against the run fence with his sister while Darragh sat on the other side.

Chloe is our eldest and we hope that in time she can bond with him. She was an unwanted gift we adopted 5 years ago but has attacked every other rabbit we have had in that time. She is mellowing a little now so the approach will be a very slow bond after the neuter. The signs tonight were positive as she spent a few hours sitting as close to the fence as she could get, so fingers are crossed.:?

Darragh flops and has more little dozes than any other bunny we have had. We are hoping it is just because he feels safe and relaxed after having to fend for himself and that there is no underlying problem.

What a sweetie! It makes me laugh that you've supplied a soft fleece he'd and he's crashed out on the tiles!! It is the same with mine. They have a foam mat then a towel then a fleece and the sleep on the paving slabs.:lol:

The soft fleece is a very comfortable dog bed which he has decided makes an even better litter tray; while the litter tray is the perfect place to sit and munch hay but not make a mess in.:roll:

Back