• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tiny black flys in rabbit room

stranger23

Mama Doe
hi all, i went and cleaned the rabbits and guinea pig out this morning and noticed there were little black flys in the room any idea why?? are they harmful to the animals and how would i get rid of them? i mainly noticed them in a few spider webs but there are some on the walls to, i checked all the animals over and there is no signs of anything on them, all bottoms look clean and healthy, eyes bright and ears fine to

Ah ok thats ok then i was thinking i would have to take the cages apart and try and get them all out of the room or something which would not have been easy one pair of rabbits have a 46 panel C&C type cage took forever to get it together the first time dont fancy having to do it any time soon

Sorry to hijack but I notice a lot of earwiggy things in the rabbit stable. I assume they like the pellets/ hay etc but there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done about them. Harmless critters?

Back