• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So many rabbits for rehome in p@h

Leelu

Alpha Buck
Had to go today before work to pick up Burgess hay.
Went straight to the adoption part and there were 3 dutch rabbits (9weeks old) pretty sure 2 female, 1male ,another single dutch and a huge mini lop, might of been over fed, who was said to be a 1 1/2 years :shock:
My parents were making a fuss of them and I explained how people see the cute babies in the pens and then don't realise what they got themselves in for or how to look after rabbits.
I even heard a child begging their mum for the cute little bun, if it weren't for the fact I was late for work I would of directed them to the gorgeous dutches in the adoption part.
I left p@h visibly upset.:(

Why oh Why dont people care!! Why are buns so neglected and **** upon from a great height.Makes me mad!!

I actually almost cried at work thinking about them :(
If I had a garden, the time and money I would have taken them. They weren't even bedded on hay, it was wood shavings :( to be fair when I first got the girls we used wood shavings until I read it wasn't the best
I almost want to go back tomorrow but I know I'll cry and want to bring them home :cry:

Good news is my dad loves the rabbits (even though he didn't want me getting anymore pets) he was talking to the girls and fussing over them :lol: and then told me I wasnt feeding them enough as Harle is bigger than Ivy :evil:

What were 9 wk olds doing in the adoption center part? :shock:

The sign next to them said the owner couldn't cope, so what they had them for a week?
Or they were taken from mum too early
Or it was a breeder who wanted rid

All of those are horrid

Why oh Why dont people care!! Why are buns so neglected and **** upon from a great height.Makes me mad!!

So that the breeders can make more and more money and then dump them in the shops without a further care or thought and then the shops can make more and more money by selling them without a further care or thought, it's called greed and selfishness

Back