PDA

View Full Version : So many rabbits for rehome in p@h

Leelu
12-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Had to go today before work to pick up Burgess hay.
Went straight to the adoption part and there were 3 dutch rabbits (9weeks old) pretty sure 2 female, 1male ,another single dutch and a huge mini lop, might of been over fed, who was said to be a 1 1/2 years :shock:
My parents were making a fuss of them and I explained how people see the cute babies in the pens and then don't realise what they got themselves in for or how to look after rabbits.
I even heard a child begging their mum for the cute little bun, if it weren't for the fact I was late for work I would of directed them to the gorgeous dutches in the adoption part.
I left p@h visibly upset.:(

yvette
12-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Why oh Why dont people care!! Why are buns so neglected and **** upon from a great height.Makes me mad!!

Leelu
12-06-2011, 01:01 AM
I actually almost cried at work thinking about them :(
If I had a garden, the time and money I would have taken them. They weren't even bedded on hay, it was wood shavings :( to be fair when I first got the girls we used wood shavings until I read it wasn't the best
I almost want to go back tomorrow but I know I'll cry and want to bring them home :cry:

Good news is my dad loves the rabbits (even though he didn't want me getting anymore pets) he was talking to the girls and fussing over them :lol: and then told me I wasnt feeding them enough as Harle is bigger than Ivy :evil:

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
12-06-2011, 01:09 AM
:cry:

William
12-06-2011, 01:28 AM
What were 9 wk olds doing in the adoption center part? :shock:

Leelu
12-06-2011, 01:34 AM
What were 9 wk olds doing in the adoption center part? :shock:

The sign next to them said the owner couldn't cope, so what they had them for a week?
Or they were taken from mum too early
Or it was a breeder who wanted rid

All of those are horrid

Snowy
12-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Why oh Why dont people care!! Why are buns so neglected and **** upon from a great height.Makes me mad!!

So that the breeders can make more and more money and then dump them in the shops without a further care or thought and then the shops can make more and more money by selling them without a further care or thought, it's called greed and selfishness