• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back in the saddle!!!

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
:D Got on Winston today again, only rode him round the field but felt great!! Emma came with me, shes always been scared of animals but has come round to the cats... she was terrified of horses but has met Winston a few times and actually sat on him today after i'd ridden him. He liked Archie :D

Sorry about the lack of hat but i forgot it, I don't advise anyone else to ride without a hat, I've been riding Winston for many years and was confident I'd be ok in the field for a 15 minute ride and I we only let go of Winston for the photo's quick with emma onboard. :wave:

I love this little horse soooo much, can't believe he's 16 already :love:

_MG_0424.jpg

_MG_0403.jpg

_MG_0408.jpg

_MG_0417.jpg

_MG_0434.jpg

_MG_0446.jpg

_MG_0435.jpg

_MG_0441.jpg

_MG_0440.jpg

_MG_0450.jpg

_MG_0465.jpg

_MG_0485.jpg

_MG_0492.jpg

_MG_0497.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely photos !!

Emma looks very relaxed on Winston, not scared at all.

Auntie Jane says next time you BOTH wear a hat please ;)

I love Winston. I can't wait to see more of him! :love: :love: :love: :love:
He's looking very well (as are you Lara!)

That must have felt amazing to get back on him hope you had a great time and can get back to regular riding soon

Going to ride a few more times this week hopefully and build myself back up, Winston is looking a little porky actually! :lol: He was sooo good and gentle with Emma and little Archie :love: he has decided to forget his schooling :lol: he argued with me quite abit to start with :lol:

Going to ride a few more times this week hopefully and build myself back up, Winston is looking a little porky actually! :lol: He was sooo good and gentle with Emma and little Archie :love: he has decided to forget his schooling :lol: he argued with me quite abit to start with :lol:

Has he been ridden whilst you've been off? Winston is stunning :love:

Has he been ridden whilst you've been off? Winston is stunning :love:

Yes Angela his owner has been riding him, but he's not had such hard work and no jumping since I have been off, but he's still ridden 4-6 times a week, but the ground is so hard on the forest hes only been walked and trotted really.

Aww Winston is gorgeous :love::love: and I love the photos of him looking at your little one too! Riding is the one thing I miss the most at Uni, so I'm looking forward to having all summer to ride now :D

that first pcture is definatlley worth framing :D cant believe youve just had a baby :shock: you look fantastic.whats your secret?:lol: hes a lovely horse :love:

He is absolutely breathtaking to look at. How relaxed your friend looks on him, considering she is scared of animals - is a total credit to Winston, it shows what a gentleman he is :love:

He is absolutely breathtaking to look at. How relaxed your friend looks on him, considering she is scared of animals - is a total credit to Winston, it shows what a gentleman he is :love:

He's a real cheeky chap under saddle but never does anything nasty, with children he's just fantastic, he's so gentle and lets them stroke him, they think hes black beauty when i take him out :D i knew he would be perfect to help Emmas fear, nevere thought i'd see her so relaxed and sat on him :D it brought a lump to my throat. Emma is a very special friend to me and has had an awful childhood yet is the most caring, lovely person i know. :love:

Its funny they have both had bad starts in life, Winston was rescued as a 3 year old from an awful woman, he was a bag of bones and in a small field with about 20 others, lovely to see my two best friends together so happy :D

Last edited:
he;s gorgeus, bet you missed riding :love:

(im going to miss riding now as stupid council closed the parks riding stables down, blaming money :cry: where we went for a hack, now there is no where else to go :cry:)

Back