• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dig Box

Alicia

Mama Doe
Archie and Molly have started digging in the garden. They dig when they run out of grass in the run, but I can't move them every time they eat all the run in their grass (it takes them about 2 days to eat a run full of grass) because otherwise there wouldn't be any grass in the garden for them to eat, so I wanted to put a digging box in the run for them, and I'm sorry this is a silly question, but I don't really know what I need. Like, what type of box? I was going to use a big plastic storage tub with big sides, so hopefully all the soil would stay in the box, but I heard a bad story on here about a rabbit chewing on plastic and it worried me a bit :? What else could I use? And should I just put soil/dirt in the box?

Ordinary dirt from the garden is fine. :D (it's what they'd be digging in if they were out ;))

I would use a plastic underbed storage box or something similar. Some rabbits may chew plastic (so you would need to keep a close eye on them and remove it if they do start to chew) but the majority of them don't bother with it all.

Back