PDA

View Full Version : New Hutch!

LittleFurryFriend
11-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Hey again.

So my hutch right now is far too small for my bunbun. So my dads going to make me a new hutch thats going to have a run permanently attatched. Any suggestions on what the hutch should be like : size, material ect ect. Pictures of ideal hutches would also be fab!

thanks again guys

Sarah x

p.s. much love to you and your bunnies!:love:

Alicia
11-06-2011, 09:13 PM
What size is your hutch now? Perhaps it could be used as a shelter in a large run? Some people use smaller hutches as shelters in runs. My rabbits live in a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch with a 6ft x 4ft x 2ft run. Are you planning on getting your rabbit a friend? If you are, it's a good idea to make sure it would be big enough for 2, and if you're not planning on getting another rabbit, then your rabbit would have more space :D

Here's my rabbits hutch and run:
http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu141/barkingmad08/therabbithutch001.jpg

Sorry the photos so big

Milo+Fizz
11-06-2011, 09:18 PM
The hutch its self needs to be at least 6ft X 2 x 2ft and the RWAF recommendation for the run has now changed (from what ive read on here) to 8x4ft so I would try and aim for at least this size. :D

rabbitdan
11-06-2011, 09:30 PM
My buns (2) have a very similar hutch to the one pictured above. I would recomend one this size. my buns are happy with this space. :wave:

if you wanted a 8ft x 4ft run then you could do 6ft x 5ft/6ft to make it easier :wave: