• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Hutch!

Hey again.

So my hutch right now is far too small for my bunbun. So my dads going to make me a new hutch thats going to have a run permanently attatched. Any suggestions on what the hutch should be like : size, material ect ect. Pictures of ideal hutches would also be fab!

thanks again guys

Sarah x

p.s. much love to you and your bunnies!:love:

What size is your hutch now? Perhaps it could be used as a shelter in a large run? Some people use smaller hutches as shelters in runs. My rabbits live in a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch with a 6ft x 4ft x 2ft run. Are you planning on getting your rabbit a friend? If you are, it's a good idea to make sure it would be big enough for 2, and if you're not planning on getting another rabbit, then your rabbit would have more space :D

Here's my rabbits hutch and run:
therabbithutch001.jpg

Sorry the photos so big

The hutch its self needs to be at least 6ft X 2 x 2ft and the RWAF recommendation for the run has now changed (from what ive read on here) to 8x4ft so I would try and aim for at least this size. :D

My buns (2) have a very similar hutch to the one pictured above. I would recomend one this size. my buns are happy with this space. :wave:

if you wanted a 8ft x 4ft run then you could do 6ft x 5ft/6ft to make it easier :wave:

Back