• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround system...any good?

cloughie

Banned
:wave::wave:

This is my buns set up...it is looking very boring at the moment...I'm struggling to think of what to put in there to keep the buns entertained that they wont destroy within hours and piddle on within minutes :roll::lol:

They love their tunnels though...trouble is that they take up so much floor space :( I was thinking of having a runaround tunnel down the 6ft legth of the run creating a long external tunnel...what do you think?

I was also thinking of having a runaround tunnel coming out of the front of the run leading into a second run on the patio.

My question is...how trustworthy are the tunnels...would you only give supervised access to it...like can a bun chew their way out of it...and a fox chew its way in?

Do the tunnels connect securely to the flower doors? on the runaround video it looks quite flimsy :(

Any pictures of peoples' runaround tunnels and setups would be appreciated :)

DSC04664.jpg

Last edited:
I will post some pictures of mine tomorrow. I have a tube coming from the top level of a 6 foot hutch through a flower on the bedroom door to a mid level box down to an L shaped run which also goes under the hutch.

I am happy with how the tube attatches to the flower. mine is all secure in a small avairy type run so there is no worried about prefators.

The tunnels are made of very sturdy wire, a rabbit certainly wouldn't get through

The flower attachment thing seems sturdy to me, I don't have a runaround system myself but I've seen a few :)

They're good, very sturdy but a nightmare to get bunny out of. :lol:

Yes defo! :shock: If you have a shy/timid/skitty rabbit I certainly wouldn't reccomend. They are a great idea though, a tunnel system like what wildies would use that can all be interchanged, so they're not just in a square, boring hutch all the time

My question is...how trustworthy are the tunnels...would you only give supervised access to it...like can a bun chew their way out of it...and a fox chew its way in?

Do the tunnels connect securely to the flower doors? on the runaround video it looks quite flimsy :(

The tunnels are quite durable, I was surprised when I got mine how strong and thick it was. I think it'd take a long time, if at all, for the bun to chew out or a fox to get in.

Flower connector is very sturdy. You can buy a 'double door' for a few pounds more which will give you extra clips, instead of using the plastic rest that they give as standard. I definitely think that holds the tunnel in better but like others have said either connection is quite sturdy and reliable. :)

Thank you :) So are there rings of wire in the creases of the tunnel? I didn't realise that :) I like the idea of having a complete run around system but it is out of my price range at the moment :(

haha...luckily I have 2 very greedy buns...one rattle of the bucket of pellets and they soon come out of hiding :lol:

Thank you Janice that would be appreciated :)

The tunnels are quite durable, I was surprised when I got mine how strong and thick it was. I think it'd take a long time, if at all, for the bun to chew out or a fox to get in.

Flower connector is very sturdy. You can buy a 'double door' for a few pounds more which will give you extra clips, instead of using the plastic rest that they give as standard. I definitely think that holds the tunnel in better but like others have said either connection is quite sturdy and reliable. :)

Thank you...I will definitely go for a double door then :)...ave you got any pics of your set up? :D

Back