• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Casper with B & Dill

willowholly

Mama Doe
Have just read through some threads and am really nervous of bonding the three in case Barley & Dill lose their bond.It would be a long while off as Cas is so small but as we only have a small house his cage will eventually go in their room.Will it upset their bond just by seeing/smelling him even though they cant get to him.Their bond is the most important thing.

Placing a pair and a single in the same room can cause referred aggression within the relationship of the pair, this can lead to a break up of their relationship and also injuries.

It hard to say if this will happen as some buns do not have a problem beign side by side, however it is important to note that many pairs will not tolerate this.

What Janice says is true:(

I'll tell you what Ive got.
I have a pair of buns in my bedroom.Nethie crosses.Lils and BB.Disabled both.
And a pair of buns in the garden.Roland and Mrs Bun.

You have no choice except to have a wife bun for Casper and keep separate.:p

I think it really depends on a lot of factors. I have had a failed trio without any detrimental effects to the existing pair, but of course it can sometimes upset them.

If the bonding failed and the existing pair were upset do you feel you could rebond them to how they were?

If it went completely wrong could you accomodate three singletons?

If so then I'd probably give it a go.

Refered aggression (where the can see/smell but not touch the other bun) can upset even the closest of pairs. My pairs are totally fine being side by side and in sight of each other at home but they go mad at any unfamiliar bunnies when they go into boarding so I would not advise them in the same room regardless of whether you are bonding them or not.

I didn't bond my two-they were done at honeybunnys so yes maybe they could be rebonded if things went wrong,but do I want to put them through that?Will keep Cas upstairs for now but when he's been neutured & grown abit more,we change our mind.Thankyou for your advice.:D

Back