• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do fatfluffs do to their rabbits?

I've been struggling on and off to get my rabbits to like hay as I can never get it to stay smelling nice for long enough (I think). They absolutely love eating grass and go mad for it, and I haven't ruled out teeth issues yet as I know it is a possablity despite them always having great healthy teeth (they weren't great hay lovers then either but ate enough). We're booking an oppointment in the next couple of weeks to have a full health check, concerntrating mostly on teeth and they're also due their vaccinations then also. I would get it done sooner but I'm a bit too low on pennies right now :(

I decided for the time being it might be a good idea to make my rabbits "bored". So as of last night I have started locking them away in their hutch at night. I put loads of hay in there for them to eat as a way of getting rid of the boredom. Well, it seemed to hay worked, they've eaten more hay then usual due to being confined to a smaller area instead of having use of their run all night. Am I doing the right thing until I can get a vet oppointment by locking them away at night to try maqke them "bored"?

Id start a thread of your own on this subject hun ;)

Webble, Ive been bitten by all of mine except Charlotte, usually by accident though like breaking up fights when bonding.
What DO they do to them? Valium? ;)

Id start a thread of your own on this subject hun ;)

Webble, Ive been bitten by all of mine except Charlotte, usually by accident though like breaking up fights when bonding.
What DO they do to them? Valium? ;)

Must be a long lasting one I have had Dutchie 2 1/2 years now and he is still and angel

:lol::lol: My ff ones are the only ones not to have bitten me! I've had little nips of my RSPCA one and Honeybunny but he had a jolly good excuse for it so was forgiven :lol:

Luckily none of mine bite but I can trust Sally, my fat fluff to never ever bite. She is an absolute sweet heart and is such a gentle girl. No matter how scared she was when I first had her I could hold her and she would just sit there and never stuggle. Even a few years ago when she had to have meds she never once tried to bite even though she hated taking them. :love: Ive had her 3 years now!

Just to confirm my buns arent nasty they dont regularly bite - the girls it has all been hormone related and Fudge just when you pick him up and he has had enough (after about 3 seconds :roll: )

I used to have one bun that used to bite. She was better when she got bigger accommodation though and later in her life, didn't really bite at all. Except when I was cuddling her, she would enjoy it for so long, then she'd get fed up and start to bite at my fleece/arm whatever was near.

The others have never bitten, except for accidentally when I was handfeeding.

I've fostered around 42 Fat Fluffs and adopted a pair of rexes from Fat Fluffs and they are mostly little angels just needing a bit of TLC :love:

The only thing I can can only think of is Fat Fluffs prefer them to bite the fosterers before they are let loose on the world and any bun which has shown aggression comes with a warning of it being a man eater!

Apart from Oakley giving the odd nip which I was warned about before I adopted him, when I was bitten, the foster bun went through both my thumb nails so did it with style. I felt rather silly that as after having bitten through one thumb nail, I should have been able to stop him get the other one :lol: The bun did come with a warning about his aggression.

I've fostered around 42 Fat Fluffs and adopted a pair of rexes from Fat Fluffs and they are mostly little angels just needing a bit of TLC :love:

The only thing I can can only think of is Fat Fluffs prefer them to bite the fosterers before they are let loose on the world and any bun which has shown aggression comes with a warning of it being a man eater!

Apart from Oakley giving the odd nip which I was warned about before I adopted him, when I was bitten, the foster bun went through both my thumb nails so did it with style. I felt rather silly that as after having bitten through one thumb nail, I should have been able to stop him get the other one :lol: The bun did come with a warning about his aggression.

:wave: Hello we met at a couple of fatfluffs fundraisers before fuel got too expensive for me to come down there. Oakley is lovely I'm sure they were just love bites :D

Back