• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just given my 3 bunnies away :-(

lostsouls65

Warren Scout
I have given my 3 nine week old Netherland dwarfs away as I didn't have enough space to keep them in the mums hutch.

Bunnies are being given to a good family who has been looking after rabbits most of their lives. They have a massive garden and know alot about rabbits, though I am little upset about giving them away I am also very pleased that they have gone to a good home with plenty of space to run around and only up the road from me which i can always go and see them.

Mum is a little down though, i feel so much for her but I know it wouldn't be wise to keep them with her once they reached 8 weeks. Does any one know how long she will get over her babies not being with her any more? It breaks my heart to see her without her babies. All my other rabbits have been spayed, now its mums turn as its for her own good. Once ops done I will bond her with the other rabbits for company.

From what you have said you have done the right thing. You have given the babies away to someone you are sure will care for them well and you have improved mum's welfare by giving her more space and getting her spayed.

Try not to feel bad as you have done what was best given the situation.#

Is there any way youcould bring mum inside to give her company until she's mixed with other buns?

That must be hard :( It does sound like you've done the right thing though.

I hope the mum cheers up soon - it will be lovely for her to have bunny companions soon :love:

she should be fine in a day or two .. give her lots to do ..time out of her hutch , cuddles if she likes them, , food to forage for to distract her ..

she will miss them but sounds like you have everything planned for her to have company soon .. good luck with the spay and bonding .
:wave:

Back