• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why would Lola be under the weather one min

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
.... and then come round and be ok again?

Got home to feed them, Benny his usual self, Lola refuses basil and eats 2 pellets and noses her dish away. Then she stamps at me and heads into her box. I go get dandilions, she eats those. I frantically look for something else she might like - hawthorne - guzzles that, but wont touch her usual favourites of mint, parsley, basil and runs away from pellets.

So I leave her for maybe half an hour while I request emergancy vet to call me, go out, try again and she gingerly eats a pellet, decides she likes it and comes closer looking for more, I hand fed her the whole dish (apart from the stuff Benson stole!) Then she guzzled parsley, a bit of apple, basil, mint..

Why would she be like that? Anyone else have this experience? Theres thunder here - could that effect her? :?

Sulking maybe ? Sunshine does that to me sometimes, especially if I am watching. Maybe that is why he steals apples out of my handbag.

Glad she's eaten now :)

Maybe she's sulking cos you haven't made her flapper dress yet :?

My heart just sank when I saw her, but she's had some hay and I saw her heading in to the litter tray when I put them in the shed.

Better get that flapper dress sorted before she gives me another heart attack! I love them too much! Too too much!! Not healthy!!

Just wondering - when they wont eat, but they will eat something, like Lola would eat dandilions and hawthorne - should you give them as much as they will eat, as long as they're eating something, or can you feed too much of a good thing?

Just wondering - when they wont eat, but they will eat something, like Lola would eat dandilions and hawthorne - should you give them as much as they will eat, as long as they're eating something, or can you feed too much of a good thing?

Mine usually want things that are good for them - hawthorn or brambles, so I let them have as much as they want at that time :)

i always thought alvin was in a mood when he refused food but i have realised its much more sinister, i would go with gas bought on by possibly huddling to avoid the horrible weather then when they pluck up the courage to move it already hurts :( if they shift it fast they avoid total shut down of the gut which is what i wish for every time we get a blip. sometimes it takes medical help to get the gut moving again tho which well we all dread dont we :lol:

Smudge sometimes refuses to eat when he's sulking after being at the vets or wont eat if something has spooked him, ie, someone strange in the house.

Maybe. Perhaps she was sleeping and my opening the shed door spooked her...? Well she's just eaten a little bowl full of hawthorne and dandilions and she's sat on the bench with Benson, so hopefully it was nothing to concern about. :roll:

I think it could be that something spooked her.

Skye is a glutton and had never refused food until a few weeks ago when my friends and their dog came round - when they came in she thumped and ran behind a chair. She came back out later and was pottering around but wouldn't touch any food - totally out of character.

When they'd gone I offered her some more and she proper scoffed it down. Maybe the thunder, or something else, had a similar effect on Lola?

Glad she's ok now anyway x

Back