PDA

View Full Version : thumpers trip to the vet....ne ideas?

kerrys bunnies
10-06-2011, 06:58 PM
:wave:
so thumper went to the vets today with my OH regarding his sneezeyness.

The vet has said it is pasturella which i know is quite common as ive read bits on here about it.She had a good look at his teeth and checked him over and said he looks perfectly healthy in every other way.She gave him an injection of tribrissen and 2 weeks of septrin...does anyone know what these are?and if there are side effects i should watch out for?OH forgot to ask.

kerrys bunnies
10-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Bump

rabbitdan
10-06-2011, 07:43 PM
bump for you :wave:

Jenova
10-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Septrin is an antibiotic and is very commonly used for rabbits with snuffles/pasteurella. Pasteurella is a bacterial infection so it's possible that the antibiotics will clear it up completely. Not sure about the other one though.

I really hope it does clear it completely. It might keep on coming back if your rabbit gets stressed or it might be a persistent infection that you just have to keep on top of with antibiotics. Wishing you and your bun luck. :wave:

Dustyrabbit
10-06-2011, 07:48 PM
tribissen seems to be an antibiotic - never had it myself (for the buns!) but a quick search brings me to this - http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Tribrissen-Injection-24-50ml-POM/productinfo/TRIBRISS24/

kerrys bunnies
10-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Thankyou for replies and that link about the injection:wave: