• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Price of a head x-ray

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
We're going to the vets on Tuesday to see Jason Burgess about Buckley and his horrible snuffles.
Last time we were there he said if this round of antibiotics didn't alleviate the symptoms he would be inclined to do a head x-ray to make sure there's nothing sinister going on. He doesn't think it's dental issues as Buckley's teeth are "perfect" on sight but he's keen to do a head x-ray to rule out anything else.

How much do head x-rays usually cost? (Upper respiratory stuff is excluded on the insurance policy so I'll have to pay all of it myself).

Also, how much can I expect to pay for a culture and sensitivity?

This is just so I can make sure I have enough in my account to pay for it all + drugs etc.

xo

What a worry - hope Jason can help your lovely little one xx

When I last had a head x-ray it came to about £80 including the GA and a couple of exposures (how many they need to do will depend on what they're looking for/what they find. From memory, the C&S was somewhere in the region of £40-£50.

What a worry - hope Jason can help your lovely little one xx

When I last had a head x-ray it came to about £80 including the GA and a couple of exposures (how many they need to do will depend on what they're looking for/what they find. From memory, the C&S was somewhere in the region of £40-£50.

**gulp** :shock:

SO I shan't be shrinking my overdraft limit any time soon :lol:

He's so worth it :love::love::love:

Seeing as I have my bill handy(!)

Small mammal anaesthetic £45.84
Exotic xray 1st plate £34.73
Exotic xray additional plates £25.65
Endoscopy (per view) £20

= £126.22 (excluding VAT @ 20%)

My bunny has been sneezing for a while (just a couple of times a day perhaps, and he's perfectly healthy otherwise, so didn't rush to the vet) and the vet said the skull x-ray and endoscopy to find out if he's got some hay stuck in his nose would cost £250-£280!? That's twice as much as yours... eek! :shock:

Emily was being treated at Jason's vets a few weeks ago. I think the xray was pretty cheap in camparison to the ultrasound. Xray £60 ish and ultrasound £150ish.

Back