• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No room at the inn. UPDATE: I do wonderful things with puppy pen panels :D

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
Going back to OH's mom's for the summer. Buckley usually has OH's childhood bedroom as his room for running around in.

OH's mom got a lodger. She hadn't told us until this morning and now there is nowhere for Buckley to run around. None of the other rooms can be Buckley-fied and don't have any floor space for him.

Now I feel like an awful bunny mommy because he's not going to have a decent amount of space: he has my whole bedroom here and binkies ALL the time. At OH's I don't even know if there's any space for him to have enough room to even bunny 500 :cry:

At my house my mom lets him have the entire dining room, no restrictions. We have a massive 12 seater dining table at my mom's house so there he has loads of space too but as we're spending most of the summer at OH's he can't have lots of space :(

I HATE IT.

It's not even like Buckley can just free range in the house because of Missy (the dog) and I can't afford an outdoor set up for him :cry:

I feel like such a crappy bunny mommy and it isn't even my fault. OH's mom had said we would always have Charlie's old room for Buckley but now we don't :cry:
But then I feel like it is my fault because I should be able to afford an outdoor set up for him or something but I can't. I have no money and the little money I do have is going to the vets (inevitably) because he's still sneezing :cry:

And now he's being really cute and flopped next to my laptop on the desk watching the rain outside the window :love:

I just want him to be happy.

Last edited:
:( Ah hun, try not to worry too much. Bunnies are very adaptable and is it just for the summer?
Why not buy a pen that you can put in the garden so that you can take him outside for a play occasionally? I got on here for 40euros, and its really expensive here so I bet you could get one cheaper in England :D
You're not a bad bunny mummy atall :wave:

Aw, sorry you feel like that. You aren't an awful bunny mum by any stretch of the imagination. It's a frustrating situation, that's all. I know you said money is tight, but it may be worth a little look on ebay. I saw this run:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rabbit-Cage-Run-/150613580631?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item231144db57#ht_500wt_1156

...which might be ok for him to have a little run round and a nibble on the grass during the daytime if you put his base inside it?

Hope you sort something, but I'm sure Buckley will be ok. He knows you love him :)

Aw, sorry you feel like that. You aren't an awful bunny mum by any stretch of the imagination. It's a frustrating situation, that's all. I know you said money is tight, but it may be worth a little look on ebay. I saw this run:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rabbit-Cage-Run-/150613580631?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item231144db57#ht_500wt_1156

...which might be ok for him to have a little run round and a nibble on the grass during the daytime if you put his base inside it?

Hope you sort something, but I'm sure Buckley will be ok. He knows you love him :)

That looks really good :D Hopefully I'll be able to afford something like that at the end of the month. I'm taking him to see Jason Burgess about his snuffles on Tuesday and head xrays were mentioned last time :roll: so it's probably going to be a very expensive day out for the fuzzy bunwun.
Then next month I have to pay double rent (cross over on our tenancies from this year and next year) but I'm sure I'll find some money from somewhere for something like that :D

How about trying to sell some of your stuff to raise some money for Buckleys run? (I know I have tonnes of bags and jewellery I don't need, as well as loads of decorationy stuff that I don't really need)

Don't feel bad, Buckley has you :love: That's the most important thing :love:

Ok so, the spare room, we cleared out the stuff and bunny proofed, put a tarpaulin over the bed followed by a thick blanket, blocked off under the dresser, I puppy penned round the main part of the room and the bed. So now he has the floor, the top of his cage, and the bed to play on.
Gonna find money for another puppy pen and bunny proof our room (the spare room and our room are interconnected) so that when we're awake he can be in there too :D

Will post pics later :)

xoxoxo

Back