• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Deleted

You can but you have to be careful if hormones kick in.
My friend has done this. Baby bun is getting a check up at the vets on Wednesday to get spayed/neutered as soon as possible. We thought it would be too mean to let a baby bunny who was just taken away from its litter mates live on its own for four months. The bonding was soooooo easy.

Not happy that she bought a rabbit rather than adopt from a rescue centre though as I'm sure you're not with your friend.

I wouldn't introduce them until she has been speyed
also I thought you had decided to wait before getting another due to ill health?:?

I'm not happy with her at all but hey what can you do :roll:

What do you mean the bond was easy? Did you just put them together?

Pretty much. She was quarantined and then they were put together in a neutral dog crate. There was a little fight and baby ended up in the water bowl, but after that they were fine. Moved them back to my friend's house and she slowly increased their space. Now they're inseparable. :)

I know others might not agree about doing it before s/he was neutered (still don't know the sex yet, PaH say female but I'm sure bun is male) but I think if you get them done as soon as possible it's okay. That's just my opinion though. :wave:

:wave:

I bonded Orla with my male when she was 10 weeks old, it was a very easy bond. :) I then got her neutered at 6 months.:)

I would advise waiting too. You may well be able to bond, get the doe spayed when she is old enough, and not have problems but there are no guarantees.

Alfie and Bubbles were bonded before Bubbles was spayed, but fell out the day after her op. I managed to rebond but it was much more difficult than the original introduction because Alfie's bullying after her op had made her very nervous of him.

Back