• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor Bunny Owners

Go and feed in the morning and make a fuss.
Then usually 30mins free range time .
When home from work more fuss and food.
And another 30 mins free ranging.
Before bedtime a treat and 20 mins free range.
They have an attached run during day.
If i am not working and weekends considerably more attention.

I do find they do sleep and flop out during the day so do not feel
totally guilty when left between 9-5 .
Winter time a bit more difficult but make the effort even in cold weather to
get them out.:wave:

A couple of hours actually outside with them while I clean out and do health checks. A lot more in summer when it is lovely and the kids are out playing in the garden.

I don't really keep track, but more in the summer. Because Spenser is a single bun I feel he really needs a lot of attention. If the weather is bad he comes into the conservatory or my bedroom (where he has alternative accomodation).

I think I prob spend a couple of hours actually in the aviary with them ..... and prob aaaaaaaaages staring at them out of the window!! :lol:

Half an hour in a morning whilst I clean them out, give breakfast and fusses (if I'm lucky)

Then I hand feed them at tea time and usually spend about an hour sitting on the aviary floor with them.

Then they get their supper at about half nine, I always say to OH I'll only be 5 mins but end up faffing and fussing and coming back in around 10pm!

Need to find more ways of spending more time with them ........ maybe see if I could get them (supervised) free-ranging in the garden during the summer.

Mine get fed once a day, in the evening, and I check on them in the morning, give them hay and water before I head off to work. Some I spend more time with than others, as it is dependent on the buns. I have 11 in total - 3 are semi wildies and come for food and that's it. Two are very timid so I see them coming to take food from my hand as progress. the 3 other pairs I probably spend about 15-30mins with depending on what is going on. they always have health checks and nose rubs but they all have a lot of space and a partner so their own kind is more important.

Not much time. :oops:

I feed them in the morning & evenings & give them free range for an hour each night.

Once I move into the new house, they can come in for cuddles & a nose rub. :love:

about half an hour on a morning while i fill the hay, change the water, sweep out the shed and attatch the run to the shed.

on a night (more in summer than winter) i go say hello for 10 mins when i get home from work then later i spend half and hour to an hour sitting with them and again feeding, cleaning but more playing than on a morning as i have more time!
before bed i go lock them in the shed for the night and give them herbs and greens.

on a weekend i go sit and read in the shed and spend longer with them but on a week day i'd honestly say only 1.5 to 2 hours a day.

Not much time. :oops:

I feed them in the morning & evenings & give them free range for an hour each night.

Once I move into the new house, they can come in for cuddles & a nose rub. :love:

I've also thought about doing this in an evening during summer.

I suppose the temperatures won't be much of an issue as there's no heating on in summer and we have all the windows wide open so a couple of hours indoors wouldn't hurt!?!? Save me having to sit in the aviary!!

I don't really know... I guess it depends how much time they want to spend with me. I open the door and see who comes running. :)
If I haven't had enough cuddles and they're having a lazy day in the hutch I often crawl in there with them and force snuggles upon them. :love:

They often harass my friends for snuggles too. A few of my friends smoke so I send them outside and Smoo especially has learned that they are good for cuddles.

I only spend about 10 minutes with them in the morning, I say hello to them, give them hay, water and vegetables, but normally a couple of hours after school and at weekends

each day varies quite a bit.
Some days (usually mondays and fridays) I just feed them in the morning, then check on them before I go out in the evening. So probably 10-20 minutes?
Other days I spend the majority of the day and evening in the garden with them.

What I like about rabbits is that they're happy enough whatever you want to do. They don't crave attention so wouldn't care if you barely saw them for days on end, but are still interested in you when you want to go out and spend time with them.:)

each day varies quite a bit.
Some days (usually mondays and fridays) I just feed them in the morning, then check on them before I go out in the evening. So probably 10-20 minutes?
Other days I spend the majority of the day and evening in the garden with them.

What I like about rabbits is that they're happy enough whatever you want to do. They don't crave attention so wouldn't care if you barely saw them for days on end, but are still interested in you when you want to go out and spend time with them.:)

Very true!

Feed water and cleanout daily, give fuss to those who want it but all in all not very much. They don't need me for anything other than whats been mentioned and letting them out for free range time. They couldn't care less about me :lol:

5 mins in the morning before school (feeding and changing water)
5 mins - 30 mins after school. they come inside for about 20min on wednesdays!!
5 mins in the evening (veg and topping up hay)
I dont give Raymond and affection in the hutch as he 'growls' at me when i do! but once hes out, hes fine
would love to let them free range but my mum has loads of plant including her favourite sweat peas out at the moment so im not allowed!

Back