• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ever Feel Vulnerable?

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
That these little things that we love so much, are so fragile and only with us for a painfully short amount of time?
I cant bear the thought of losing any of them. Losing Tilly devastated me, I dont know if I could go through it again and yet I know I'll have to :cry:
I just love them so so much, they're the centre of my world :cry:
Sorry to be morbid, Im hormonal and emotional today, but I knew you lot would understand :love:

After losing Sue earlier this week, I definitely feel vulnerable. I am trying really hard to enjoy the 'here and now' with my buns and not to worry about the future - but I find it difficult. Dylan is on metacam for life and I know he is very elderly. Three of my cats are also 'mature'.

My fur family are my world too - I don't have a human family. I do feel blessed to have strong bonds with my fur babies. Some people go through their whole lives never knowing what it is to love a pet. It is incredibly painful at times - but definitely worth it.

I do. I constantly imagine worst case scenarios in my head. When I asked my housemate to move out I had images of him putting them in my blender or something.

...please tell me i'm sane?

Saying that Maisie and Marvin are fairly hardy rabbits, and they're going to be with me til i'm at least 60. *imagines*

:cry:I always feel like this to be honest!
Jimby and Cookie are my babies and I love them with all my heart!
Jimby is extra special as we share such a strong bond, I honestly can not deal with ever loosing him, it would destroy me!

After losing Sue earlier this week, I definitely feel vulnerable. I am trying really hard to enjoy the 'here and now' with my buns and not to worry about the future - but I find it difficult. Dylan is on metacam for life and I know he is very elderly. Three of my cats are also 'mature'.

My fur family are my world too - I don't have a human family. I do feel blessed to have strong bonds with my fur babies. Some people go through their whole lives never knowing what it is to love a pet. It is incredibly painful at times - but definitely worth it.

I agree, it is worth it. Tilly was worth every tear I sobbed for her :love:

I can understand how you are feeling right now. After Tilly died I was in a permenant state of worry over my other buns. Id wake up in the night to check on them and was just generally pretty traumatised :cry: It does get better though hun.
Im having a down day today because Im hormonal but usually Im pretty relaxed and try and make the most of every day with them :love:

I do. I constantly imagine worst case scenarios in my head. When I asked my housemate to move out I had images of him putting them in my blender or something.

Saying that Maisie and Marvin are fairly hardy rabbits, and they're going to be with me til i'm at least 60. *imagines*

I have these sorts of thoughts to... and I guess I am not totaly sain :lol: but I am sure these thoughts are just driven by fear because we love them so much!
I had an awful thought when we were having people view our flat, I popped to the kitchen to get a drink and when I came back they were all standing around the bunny cage looking at them and I was so paranoid that they had poisoned them!

I *think* you're sane, could be wrong though ;)

Id be so content if all of my buns would live forever, its horrific to think there'll be a time when theyre not here :cry::cry::cry: Oh Ive set myself off now!

I *think* you're sane, could be wrong though ;)

Id be so content if all of my buns would live forever, its horrific to think there'll be a time when theyre not here :cry::cry::cry: Oh Ive set myself off now!

Saying that it's pretty scary that i'll be 30 before they are expected to 'clock off'! :shock:

I have these sorts of thoughts to... and I guess I am not totaly sain :lol: but I am sure these thoughts are just driven by fear because we love them so much!
I had an awful thought when we were having people view our house, I popped to the kitchen to get a drink and when I came back they were all standing around the bunny cage looking at them and I was so paranoid that they had poisoned them!

The silliest things set me off. The other night right before I was going to bed I heard Maxs tummy gurgle. He was totally fine, eating well etc but I convinced myself that if I went to bed and left him he'd get ill in the night. So I sat there for ages after OH had gone to bed massaging his tummy and watching him for any signs of illness. I sat and cried at the thought of losing him :oops: He just looked at me like this :roll: but secretly enjoyed his tummy rubs :lol:
Obviously he was totally fine, and deep down I knew he was but that little irrational fear really had me by the short and curlies :cry:

I won't be a good person to be around when Biccy goes, either through old age or illness.

He's been a rock to me through everything i've been through in the last 12months.

When Ginger goes, i'll be extremely upset, but in a different way, knowing i'd nursed her through it all etc.

I have no idea how i shall cope.

I won't be a good person to be around when Biccy goes, either through old age or illness.

He's been a rock to me through everything i've been through in the last 12months.

When Ginger goes, i'll be extremely upset, but in a different way, knowing i'd nursed her through it all etc.

That was the bond I had with Tilly. I was a total mess. Its embarrassing to think of it now but I couldnt be left alone atall for the first few days, I begged my OH to be with me all the time, not sure why really :? I didnt eat, just drank whisky (i HATE whisky) and sobbed, and my poor OH even had to shower me :oops: Looking back I handled it really badly, but Timmy got me through it. We grieved together and now he is my angel, I dont know what Id do without him :love:

That these little things that we love so much, are so fragile and only with us for a painfully short amount of time?
I cant bear the thought of losing any of them. Losing Tilly devastated me, I dont know if I could go through it again and yet I know I'll have to :cry:
Sorry to be morbid, Im hormonal and emotional today, but I knew you lot would understand :love:

Here ,here feel exactly the same,because they are so vulnerable and innocent
be totally lost without them.:love:

The silliest things set me off. The other night right before I was going to bed I heard Maxs tummy gurgle. He was totally fine, eating well etc but I convinced myself that if I went to bed and left him he'd get ill in the night. So I sat there for ages after OH had gone to bed massaging his tummy and watching him for any signs of illness. I sat and cried at the thought of losing him :oops: He just looked at me like this :roll: but secretly enjoyed his tummy rubs :lol:
Obviously he was totally fine, and deep down I knew he was but that little irrational fear really had me by the short and curlies :cry:

Aww hun we are very alike! I am like that as well!
Like the other night I was in bed and just had an over whelming feeling that I had to go and give them a kiss in case it was their last night and they didnt know how much I love them. :( So I got out of bed and went to give them kisses!

I know what you mean Gray!
Jimby is my special boy, he has also been my rock through so much and we have both been through so much together, he even saved my life! Before we adopted him I was on the verge of suicide but he gave me reason to carry on. I can not even begin to think of life without him or it will really set me off, I know it is going to destroy me when that time comes and I honestly dont know how I will cope :cry:

I love Cookie too, she is my baby girl and I would be devestated if I lost her but like I say Jimby and I share a special bond, he is my soul mate! :love:

Aww hun we are very alike! I am like that as well!
Like the other night I was in bed and just had an over whelming feeling that I had to go and give them a kiss in case it was their last night and they didnt know how much I love them. :( So I got out of bed and went to give them kisses!

Yeh I do stuff like this too. I HAVE to make sure i kiss each of them and tell them I love them before I go to bed, otherwise I cant sleep :oops:

I'm the same, especially since we lost Minstrel at Easter. I've been fine for weeks and all of a sudden yesterday I woke up having had a really vivid dream that she was still alive and healthy and I balled my eyes out :cry: That day at the vets will haunt me forever and I'm dreading going back for jabs in a few weeks :(. Trouble is my family are really insensitive about the bunnies and only hubby and you guys understand

I'm the same, especially since we lost Minstrel at Easter. I've been fine for weeks and all of a sudden yesterday I woke up having had a really vivid dream that she was still alive and healthy and I balled my eyes out :cry: That day at the vets will haunt me forever and I'm dreading going back for jabs in a few weeks :(. Trouble is my family are really insensitive about the bunnies and only hubby and you guys understand

(((HUGS)))

I feel exactly like this xxx I think about it quite often although I know I shouldn't!!! I was devastated when Minnie had to be PTS, it was 3 years before I could bring myself to get my current two babies! X

I get scared and very paranoid about loosing my buns. My OH always reminds me that it will happen one day and tells me that they are getting old :(

It's hard to think of them as getting old as time goes so fast. Even though so much has happened since they have been in my life, especially Gypsy has seen many changes. It's hard imagining them not being here :(
I remember a time when I was desperately lonely and Gypsy ( and chico the chin )was all I had.

They have been such a big part of my life, my past and the here and now. I Think a part of me will die when they do :(

Back