• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do baby girls hump, or is it just bucks?

nessar

Warren Veteran
One of my rescued rex babies (their story can be found here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=291349) is getting humpy with the other siblings, and I just saw 'her' try and mount mum too.

They are elegedly 10 and a half weeks, the vet THINKS they are all female but cant be sure, we are going back on the 18th, so JUST before they will be 12 weeks.

So does the humping mean she is actually a boy? Or do female babies get humpy too?

Our 2 girl rabbits are at it all the time, they are both over 4 years old. Willow is more dominant and also seems to be on Missys back

Ah perhaps thats it, I just thought she wouldnt want to be dominant over her mum, at such a young age too, hmm...

Ah perhaps thats it, I just thought she wouldnt want to be dominant over her mum, at such a young age too, hmm...

I don't think it's always dominance though, I think sometimes it's just 'contact', the hormones kicking in and she is just using her mum as it's convenient :lol:

Thanks guys!

It seems to have calmed down a bit, but there has been some face-humping and obviously I cant be there all the time to stop it! Is there anything I can do, or shall I just let them get on with it?

Pepper went through a phase of humping Sergeant earlier this year - Pepper's a girl, Sergeant's a boy and they were both neutered last summer! It was alarming at first but I got reassurance from reading past threads on here. IT didn't seem to bother him so didn't lead to fighting. I joked that she got it wrong on three counts - 1: She's a girl, he's a boy, 2: Neither of them have their bits left and occasionally 3: Humping somebun's face generally doesn't lead to babies! :lol:

I haven't seen her do it for a while now though so perhaps it was just spring fever!

Back