• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In Bits - Ginger's vets leaving

I had no idea until tonight. Went in for biccys myxi vaccine and the receptionist and other vet told me.

Nobody knows Ginger like he does. Nobody will trust my judgement like he does. How am I meant to keep her well if he's not there.

He's moving to another vet closer to where he lives but that's almost an hour from here.

I'm actually really panicked about this. I've left a message for him to call me tomorrow as I have an appt that's meant to be with him for Gingers abx review on Tuesday next week.

Ice just found out from the bet that Richard Saunders has left langford for good and moved to Devon. Yvette mentioned that earlier too.

What if the new vet doesn't want to try azithromycin. What do I do then.

:cry:

I had no idea until tonight. Went in for biccys myxi vaccine and the receptionist and other vet told me.

Nobody knows Ginger like he does. Nobody will trust my judgement like he does. How am I meant to keep her well if he's not there.

He's moving to another vet closer to where he lives but that's almost an hour from here.

I'm actually really panicked about this. I've left a message for him to call me tomorrow as I have an appt that's meant to be with him for Gingers abx review on Tuesday next week.

Ice just found out from the bet that Richard Saunders has left langford for good and moved to Devon. Yvette mentioned that earlier too.

What if the new vet doesn't want to try azithromycin. What do I do then.

:cry:

I travel 40 mins each way to see the vet that I trust, I know it's a fair old way but it might be worth just registering with his new practise?

Could you ask your vet to leave a "handover" to the new vet?

How often does Ginger have to go to the vet, or does it vary? An hour is a long way :( but is doable if necessary (depending on how well Ginger travels obviously).

hope the new vet is as good for you, i was worried when our vet left, but the new one is great with the buns

Could you ask your vet to leave a "handover" to the new vet?

How often does Ginger have to go to the vet, or does it vary? An hour is a long way :( but is doable if necessary (depending on how well Ginger travels obviously).

Varies, but at times it can be once a week.

It's not so much how Ginger travels, but her partner, Biscuit. He doesn't travel well and gets very stressed.

Ginger is becoming more and more stressy about the trips now. I think she's caught on that she's going to get a horrible examination :(

I actually managed to speak to her vet last night, he was covering the emergency surgery, so i called them and spoke to him at length.

As the depocillin has now appeared to have stopped working again, exactly as it did last time, even on this stronger, more aggressive dose, he's not happy to leave her on it indefinately. He's ordering up the Azithromycin today, which will come in early next week and is going to leave FULL instructions on its use for me, and the other vets, as nobody else at our vets has ever heard of using it with rabbits.

He's given me his personal mobile number :love: and i'm going to search for the name of the vets he's moving to to see if anything can be done.

Will be updating Gingers thread later, with updates etc.

I can't blame him, he's moving to a practice only 20 minutes from his house, rather than the best part of an hour each way.

I guess im just really gutted.

Honeybunnies are feeling your pain :( Our wonderful vet Subo left our main vet practice on Wednesday to open up her own place with her husband (also a vert) in Slough. They will be a huge asset to Slough but right now Jill & the rest of the team are feeling sad that she's gone & a bit worried :( Luckily there is another bunny savvy vet at the practice but when you've built up a relationship with someone it's very hard to see them go :(

Must be hard for you but you might be pleasantly surprised, I never really see the same vet as a routine, I do by chance but they are on rotation not allocated 'clients' it maybe to protect them emotionally aswell, I'd imagine it's quite easy to get attached to little cuties like Ginger and it's better probably for vets to remain a bit 'detached' emotionally, I'm sure there will be some handover and the new vet will be brought up to speed, they can't just drop you or her and wouldn't want to I'm sure.:wave:

Back