• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What is this!!?? U/D p19

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
it on our holiday bun Bob im thinking fleas or parasites, the owner said he was flea'd 3 and a half weeks ago! but i did find 2 fleas but only caught one!

he is heaving a really heay moult but it was the dry flakey skin!! because he is not ours we are going to take him to the vets tomoz! as i don't personaly want to stay fleaing him unless a vets says so!

flea poo?? looks the same as the cats flea poo
255153_2162722706252_1192116864_2663497_6991368_n.jpg

260035_2162724426295_1192116864_2663499_1948254_n.jpg

252474_2162735306567_1192116864_2663535_7387789_n.jpg

Last edited:
Just incase you didn't know if you put what you think is flea poo on a damp piece of kitchen roll if it's flea poo it will go red! No idea apart from that little gem :)

Sorry just re read your post and you did find fleas so could be a flea allergy or an allergic reaction to flea treatment which doesn't seemed to have worked

Looks like Cheyliatella (sp).Got a scope???? Walking dandruff.
A bit of Xeno450 and Poof!! All gone in a matter of weeks.Get it from the vet.xxx

If its mites, then its stress and perhaps an underlying problem....just to add.xxx

You say hes in heavy moult at the moment... I had one once with fur mites caused by the stress of the heavy moult...
Easy fixed :)

You say hes in heavy moult at the moment... I had one once with fur mites caused by the stress of the heavy moult...
Easy fixed :)

ooo!! and yh really heavy moult!! he looks a right scruf!!!

248837_2160952782005_1192116864_2660894_610539_n.jpg

he is off the sawdust now! don't think that would help his skin!

Smoo gets really flaky skin when she moults. I panicked the first few times but then I realised it only happened when she moulted and cleared up when she stopped. She moults very heavily too. Hope he's okay.

Don't think so! the owner had never mentiond a problem with them xx

There will be a time when a dental may be needed.Mites indicate underlying probs...you never know, it could be tuskers!!!!! Let the vet have a good look at him!!! He may have a few spurs.:wave:

There will be a time when a dental may be needed.Mites indicate underlying probs...you never know, it could be tuskers!!!!! Let the vet have a good look at him!!! He may have a few spurs.:wave:

yepp gona take him tomoz! i don't wanna start prodding him lol wudnt no what to look for x

I think too what yvonne said - chylietella - looked exactly the same on my rabbit. The fur literally came out in tufts, but xeno 450 cleared it up. The bald patches look very similar too.

Last edited:
Took him to the vets this morning and it is mites!!

vets given him some spot on to use once a week for 4 weeks! what I didnt no is that is higly contagious :( and ive handled mine after handeling him :(

Back