• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How far ahead are you with rabbit supplies?

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
Do you buy when you run out or do you stock up? I currently have 5 bales and two full 15kg rabbit royale bags in my shed. Before I found a hay supplier I would just buy as I needed. Now I like to be stocked up.

I am a little bit overstocked if anything :lol: I didn't realise quite how big the megazorb bags were so I bought 3 of the 85 litre ones :oops: My shed is full of megazorb :lol: Them buns better get wee-ing!

I also like to have a spare bag of pellets in stock too as I'm paranoid about running out.

I just buy one bale of hay and one bale of straw in a go, and then eating hay as we go as I like it to be fresh.

i buy 20kg sacks of food costs me £9.50 and lasts ages!
I buy enough hay for a month at a time (for rabs and guineas) and enough straw for 3 weeks (rabs and guineas)

I stock up when I buy to save me a trip. At the moment I have a bag and a half of megazorb, and a bale and a half each of timothy and meadow hay. Plus a £12 bag of hay from Hay for Pets that arrived today and 4.5kg in total of SS pellets. I should be good for a little while.... :lol:

I buy my hay, aubiose and megazorb from a riding school and usually get it all at the same time, when I'm down to about 3 sections of hay. I usually end up over stocked on megazorb and aubiose. I also get readigrass from the same place, but don't have to buy that as often, so only get it whem I'm going there anyway when I run out. Food I used to just buy as I needed it, but have found a local petshop that can order it in 10kg, so will probably just order a sack a month now.

I normally get new hay about a week before I run out. I'd like to store more but I worry about rats being attracted to it if I get it any sooner. My hay stockists have never run out on me yet.

I only re-order when I need to, maybe a week in advanced. I have a pretty good supplier who delivers it for free and the same week.

Helen x

Over stocked on burgess food by 8kg and still have loads left in the food draw for now. :)

Loads of newspaper but I'm a bit rubbish when it comes to hay. I have to buy as I need and just bought a new bag today. :wave:

Pet shop is only a ten min drive away so I just buy as I go. I like browsing the toys section and seeing the bunnies anyway! Even if I do wish I could bring them all home.

Normally get my food about a week before I'm likely to run out.

Hay and Straw I normally get the day I need it, only purely because I bring it home from the stables and go daily so no worries bout never having any.

I always buy new stuff about 2 weeks before I need it, as it all needs to be delivered so it allows for delivery times and in case of any delays (eg bank holidays).

I have about 100kg (Yes 100!) of science selective and quite a lot of burgess, plus a never ending supply of herbage/forage and those grass roll treats :lol: That's only because it's sent to me though, before I was always running out :oops:

I'm usually overstocked which was a good thing in all that deep snow. It does also save in postage as I order my stuff online. Luckily I have a shed to put it in.

I'm covered for a month or two with hay, pellets and treats. Straw and litter tray hay I buy a week or so before it will run out :)

I have been known to rush out at 5pm ith no rabbit food :roll:

I get 3 huge bags of hay at a time normally lasts about a month!

Back