• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new parrot friend.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
This is the parrot who lives at the Barbers. Named Sweeney. :mrgreen:

Apparently he doesn't like people and there is a huge sign up near his cage saying he bites and don't touch him. But for some reason he likes me and puts his head down for me to stroke him. So I did. :)

He bit me too though because I was stroking him when someone walked into the shop and he wanted to see who it was. But it wasn't hard and then when he'd had a good look he put his head down for me again. Once I stroked too far down the back of his head and touched his back and he did not like that and flew across the shop. So I felt a bit bad about that and helped him back onto his perch.

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01391.jpg

DSC01392.jpg

Hes divine!!
Parrots usually pick one person they Worship..the other they imitate.
Ruby is putty in my neighbours hands.I could do all this....if only Rube would let me.:roll:....I do get to tickle and Shake the Beak!!!
A tickle is good, but dont let this chap lull you into a false security!!!:lol::lol:

It's weird because I don't go in there very often. My friend gets his hair cut there and I'll pop in with him if I'm in town. But Sweeney certainly recognises me now and demands that I stroke him. :)

It's weird because I don't go in there very often. My friend gets his hair cut there and I'll pop in with him if I'm in town. But Sweeney certainly recognises me now and demands that I stroke him. :)

Take a grape!! Or a monkey nut...or apple or something nice for him!!!!

Take a grape!! Or a monkey nut...or apple or something nice for him!!!!

I'm tempted. :mrgreen:

The thing is I don't like people feeding my pets without asking me so I would have to get permission first.

A tip.
Watch the birds eyes.
If they are all almond shaped,its love.If theyre beady,watch it.Theyre quick and mean to get you!! Im looking at the tickle pics youve put up.I wouldnt trust this birdie boiler!!!!!

He's bitten me a few times... Not too hard though. They said that's why he respects me because he has bitten me and I'm not scared of him. He was constantly watching who was coming in and out of the shop and I had to stop stroking him if people were moving around so he could see what they were doing. :)

I wouldn't say he's the friendliest animal I've tickled. :lol:

Back