• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding - Leno and Peppa - MORE PICS

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
This is rescue bunny Leno who has been here a while. He's being bonded up this week to go out to a new home with Peppa.

They love each other and I only started yesterday. I knew this would be a good one! We've had mutual grooming in abundance already and food sharing is no problem at all.

So all being well this is one of my 5 reserved bunnies bonded and only 4 more weeks of bonding to do before a break :)

Firstmorning002.jpg

It's so good that I've already moved them outside to a hutch to increase their space and test the bond and it's absolutely great. Just shows that every bond is so very different.

Firstmorning006.jpg

Last edited:
they are gorgeous:love:

doesn't peppa belong to someone on here? or is that just me losing my mind...?:lol:

Yes, Peppa belongs to Sugarlump. I tried to bond her and her friends into a foursome with Leno a month or so back because Peppa was always left out of the group and didn't interact with them. They were happy enough in everybuns company but she didn't get the attention that the others did. So having watched and discussed the behaviour and having seen how she immediately wanted to be with Leno during the fourway bond (that didn't work) we somehow reluctantly decided to take her out and try them on their own. And it was totally love at first sight.............again.

I don't advocate splitting happily bonded groups ever, but in this case we felt it worth trying for Peppa's sake. She has groomed Leno and Leno has groomed her; Peppa has not groomed her friends in the original trio so this is definitely a step forward for her. She seems so very happy and it's certainly put a smile on Leno's face too.

We all think it was the right thing to do :)

Yes, Peppa belongs to Sugarlump. I tried to bond her and her friends into a foursome with Leno a month or so back because Peppa was always left out of the group and didn't interact with them. They were happy enough in everybuns company but she didn't get the attention that the others did. So having watched and discussed the behaviour and having seen how she immediately wanted to be with Leno during the fourway bond (that didn't work) we somehow reluctantly decided to take her out and try them on their own. And it was totally love at first sight.............again.

I don't advocate splitting happily bonded groups ever, but in this case we felt it worth trying for Peppa's sake. She has groomed Leno and Leno has groomed her; Peppa has not groomed her friends in the original trio so this is definitely a step forward for her. She seems so very happy and it's certainly put a smile on Leno's face too.

We all think it was the right thing to do :)

Leno is going to live with Sugarlump?:shock: Wow, I'm almost jealous of him!:lol:

That is great news for Leno, he is such a gorgeous little guy :love: They look like a good couple, Peppa is very cute too :love:

Leno is going to live with Sugarlump?:shock: Wow, I'm almost jealous of him!:lol:

That is great news for Leno, he is such a gorgeous little guy :love: They look like a good couple, Peppa is very cute too :love:

I know tell me about it! I almost want to move in myself. Leno has certainly landed on his paws and now we just need to find a home for his cohort - Lewis who came (via Jenny/Debster at Crawley Guinea Pig Rescue) from a situation where 17 rabbits were living in two hutches.

Lewis is still waiting and has had no interest at all. He's a gorgeous agouti coloured boy with one blue eye and one brown.

Update.jpg

A few more piccies from this afternoon. I'd say they are in love wouldn't you?

A bit of woshy head

Outside006.jpg

And then just some nosiness!

Outside001.jpg

Snugglin'

Outside003.jpg

Oh my goodness! Helen I can't tell you how happy this has made me :D

To know that Leno is coming to live with us, at last. Is just the best news ever. (I had fallen in love with this little guy :love: BIG time)
I know that this is the right thing to do, for Peppa and Leno (and me of course :oops:)

Thank you so much for sharing.
I promise to share pics with everyone when the newlyweds have settled back here with us.

Guess another change in siggy is in order now :lol:

Aww they are a lovely couple. Poor Lewis though, he's a lovely boy. I hope some one will home him soon

So pleased for sweet little Leno, he so deserves the wonderful new home he will have with you :D

Aww Thanks Tanya :D He so desperately wanted a wifey, luv him.

Between you 'bea and floss' and 'sugarlump' you get all my best bunnies LOL

Helen we can't help it....Is because you have such adorable rabbits there.
I'm not allowed to fall in love with anymore though.
I have promised the OH :lol:

Back