• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit and human bonds

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Is it unusual for a rabbit to come between a long established bond between its owner and its bonded partner?

I've very recently split my four into two pairs and Rosie and Ralph have become quite close. Ralph and I have always had a very close bond as he was my first rabbit but since he's been in a pair with Rosie she doesn't like Ralph and I bonding! She comes between my hand and Ralph when I'm stroking him and puts herself in the way every time I go near him - then licks him and eyeballs me! He has really changed too and is not as snuggly with me any more.

I love that they're so happy together, but I just haven't seen it before!

Daisy did this at quite an early stage she was furious when Dudley liked to snooze on my lap. She would thump and pester him till he moved off. Sadly he's never done it since :(

Occasionally when Im stroking Timmy Mimi will gently 'remove' my hand with he mouth/teeth :roll: Shes very possessive of him I think :love:

He's mine.........get your paws off!!!

Two's company, three's a crowd.

The group of four is fine.

I have come acrosss such behaviour.

These darling little animals never fail to amaze me.

Thanks guys!

I'm just finding it so weird... it's like I'm back at school! She is eyeballing me as if to say "Don't you DARE touch my MAN!" And he just obeys her, puts his head down and gets on with it!

Back