• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unneutered Boys = Big Trouble (Distressing Image)

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
With so many threads about having unneutered males together and if it's possible, I thought I'd share a photo taken of one of a pair of very young males who found their hormones one day and what the end result was.

This brother had surgery to repair the wounds but died from the scale of damage, and related complications attributable to shock.

Please don't look if squeemish.

UnneuteredMalesScrotumDamage003.jpg

Oh god! Do they go for the testicles on purpose? :shock:

Do they fight like that in the wild?

Oh god! Do they go for the testicles on purpose? :shock:

Do they fight like that in the wild?
yes they will go for the place where they can do the most damage:cry:

poor bunny Helen, lets hope his death can act as a wanring to some other owners :cry:

Think about it. If you are in a fight with a guy, where to you aim for to 'disable' them? A swift kick in the :shock:

Yeah very true. Who thought our cute bunnies could be such cheap fighters? :shock:

Not that i'd ever try, but it is shocking that this kind of thing isn't common knowledge. The amount of rabbits handed into rescue by suprised owners who didn't know two males would 'fight' is huge I imagine :?

This wee boy was a very young dwarf lop who was bought with his brother from Pets at Home and I met them when the vets suggested the owners talked to me about rebonding when he'd recovered. Sadly he didn't.

They learned their lesson and went on to adopt a neutered female for their existing boy.

A lesson learned the hard way as they were adorable bunnies.

This brings back horrible memories ... Archie was neutered as well. Luckily, although touch and go, Little Leo pulled through albeit if he does have rather odd manly bits.

Back