• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay for pets

cazzat1979

Warren Scout
For those of you that buy from there,what size bag do you oreder? i know they have sizes on there but i means nothing to me:oops:
Caroline

If you haven't had their hay before I'd get the medium size to make sure they like it! I did that, then ordered the massive bag but they didn't like the second bag!! :roll: fussy buns!

I first bought the 1.8kg bag to try it out. I now buy 2 x 9.5kg of their meadow hay. I go through a lot of hay so those two bags should last me about 2 1/2 weeks - 3 weeks.

I also buy the 9.5kg bags, which are usually closer to 10kg when they arrive. It's a good price when you buy the largest bags, Imo it's too expensive in the smaller bags.
It's only £3 difference or something between the medium bag and the large, which has twice as much hay, so personally I would take the risk and get a bigger bag straight off. Maybe if you have very fussy buns try the sample pack first.

Sorry i should of said ive given Minnie there sample hay and out of the three the meadow hay went down the fastest,so was going to order that one. I couldnt believe the diffrence in there meadow hay compared to shop brought that just looks brown,theres is so nice and green!

I also buy the 9.5kg bags, which are usually closer to 10kg when they arrive. It's a good price when you buy the largest bags, Imo it's too expensive in the smaller bags.
It's only £3 difference or something between the medium bag and the large, which has twice as much hay, so personally I would take the risk and get a bigger bag straight off. Maybe if you have very fussy buns try the sample pack first.

I agree - was going to get smaller bags but the difference in value is quite a lot! Annoyingly I'm running low on the bag I got at Easter but I'm not off work until the week after next for another delivery :(

Hay lasts for ages and ages as long as it's kept dry and somewhere not too hot. :)

Back