• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Boarding in Bedfordshire

clarebear

Mama Doe
We are off on holiday at the end of the month. Normally my in-laws would look after Bramble, we take him, his house, run and everything else he needs to them and set it all up. Now though we have Bungee too, who is in a seperate house and run. We're a bit worried it might be too much for them to look after both bunnies, what with cleaning out and having to pull out runs from hutches etc.

We could ask our neighbours to look after them, as they have two bunnies themselves, but I feel a bit awkward about asking as we don't know them that well.

This morning I've been looking into local bunnies boarding places, and have found 3. Nutwood Bunnies in Leighton Buzzard, Beds for Bucks in Luton and MK Pet Care in Milton Keynes. Just wondered if anyone had ever used any of them?

I'm starting to worry about this now. I really don't want to leave them this time :cry:

I *think* someone on this forum went to have a look at MK Pet Care and asked them all sorts of bunny questions .......... and ended up running away from there as fast as they could. I don't think they'd ever heard of GI stasis :shock:.

'Marilan' in Northampton is very good - they have houserabbit accommodation in their house and outdoor rabbit accommodation in an outbuilding. Plus they use the Cat and Rabbit Care Clinic as their vet. There's also Tracy at Rabbit and Guinea Pig Welfare in Rugby (a bit further away but excellent accommodation and knowledge and also uses the Cat and Rabbit care clinic vets).

I *think* someone on this forum went to have a look at MK Pet Care and asked them all sorts of bunny questions .......... and ended up running away from there as fast as they could. I don't think they'd ever heard of GI stasis :shock:.

'Marilan' in Northampton is very good - they have houserabbit accommodation in their house and outdoor rabbit accommodation in an outbuilding. Plus they use the Cat and Rabbit Care Clinic as their vet. There's also Tracy at Rabbit and Guinea Pig Welfare in Rugby (a bit further away but excellent accommodation and knowledge and also uses the Cat and Rabbit care clinic vets).

Yes I wasn't sure about MK Pet Care or Beds for Bucks either. There is another one quite close to me, but I read on their website that they breed rabbits too, which I'm not sure I agree with, so they won't be going there!

Nutwood sounds about the best http://www.nutwoodbunnies.co.uk/index.htm Bramble and Bungee have been penciled in for the end of the month. We spoke to the in-laws last night and told them it was a lot more work with two bunnies living seperately and if they prefered we would book them into a hotel! I am waiting to hear what the verdict is today. The lady at Nutwood said I could go over for a look and a chat before I decide too.

I am going over to meet Jayne at Nutwood Bunnies, hopefully some time this week. What sort of questions should I ask?

Hi Clare

I am now going through the same worry as you regarding boarding for my rabbits when on holiday. I'm interested to know if you actually took your rabbits to Nutswood in the end and if you did what did you think?

Thanks
Sally

Hi Sally :wave:

Yes I took Bramble and Bungee to Nutwood, in fact they've been twice now. It's fabulous! Would definatley recommend them, Jayne is lovely and clearly adores and knows rabbits very well. I've booked them in for a weekend in September now too.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Back