• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't believe some of the buns on rabbit rehome

We have several long stayers
Bouncer is one of them..he has been reserved several times but either the homecheck has failed or he would not bond..he attacks other bunnies..although he is slowly getting better
This week we have had 3 enquiries about him..when followed up none were suitable due to housing:cry:

But..a strange thing with long termers..of course it is very sad they haven't got a home of their own..but
look at it another way
With Honeybunnies, as with many of the rescues on here, when an animal comes in it is safe. If it is not homed it stays with a foster mum where it gets the same care and love it would in a "normal" home
When you see a rescue with several long termers don't be too sad....consider the rescues, for all types of animals, that don't have any long termers , what do you suppose has happened to the ones they couldn't home?
So if a rabbit is here a long time due to health and/or behavioural issues..count it lucky rather than unlucky:D

Did someone mention Bouncer? :D:D:wave:

Do a search under his name and you'll find zillions of piccies & vids of him being..well bouncy!! :lol: He is a fab bunster :love:

It's Princess Paw Paw I need!!!! :love::love: Just got to work out a way for her to come and live with me!!! She needs to live at my house :lol:

We have several long stayers
Bouncer is one of them..he has been reserved several times but either the homecheck has failed or he would not bond..he attacks other bunnies..although he is slowly getting better
This week we have had 3 enquiries about him..when followed up none were suitable due to housing:cry:

But..a strange thing with long termers..of course it is very sad they haven't got a home of their own..but
look at it another way
With Honeybunnies, as with many of the rescues on here, when an animal comes in it is safe. If it is not homed it stays with a foster mum where it gets the same care and love it would in a "normal" home
When you see a rescue with several long termers don't be too sad....consider the rescues, for all types of animals, that don't have any long termers , what do you suppose has happened to the ones they couldn't home?
So if a rabbit is here a long time due to health and/or behavioural issues..count it lucky rather than unlucky:D

yup ..they are the lucky ones realy :)

Well if I had your foster buns I would most certainly have a big fat FAIL next to my name :lol::lol:

Why thank you :D Not that I've been scanning her posts at all today ;):lol: but I was wondering if she is going as a single bun as I note you've had trouble bonding her? Indoor or outdoor? :wave:

There have been no problems bonding Paw-Paw - in fact I'm not sure Jill has tried bonding her as yet - it's Bouncer who is the awkward bonder :roll: :lol:There is no reason why Paw-Paw shouldn't bond :wave: I think she would adapt as an indoor bun but she has only lived outside so far - although she has spent time inside & seems quite happy to be there. She isn't a chewer (so far!) :D

Last edited:
I know they are in great rescues where they are being taken care of but I still feel sad for them because why does no one want to give them a home? I want a dutch rabbit. I reeeeaaaallly want one :lol:

I know they are in great rescues where they are being taken care of but I still feel sad for them because why does no one want to give them a home? I want a dutch rabbit. I reeeeaaaallly want one :lol:

Well you've come to the right place ;)

Well you've come to the right place ;)

Just looking at the banner in your signature makes me want another one :( I'm too worried to get a trio so I need to find a bunny-hating grumpy one :lol: Mum said I can get another rabbit but I'm too scared of Archie and Molly falling out to try it :(

Bouncer sounds perfect for you then Alicia!!! I have a honeybunny fostered by Fluffers and he is a very sweet little fellow so if anyone is considering it, they come with extra cuteness having lived with Jen. Get one get one get one...

He sounds lovely :) I'm not getting one until next year because of exams etc. and I don't know if my Mum would even let me get another hutch for a rabbit, I think she wants me to bond them into a trio but I'm too worried that it won't work. I've tried telling her that I only have 3 hutches :lol: I'm going to look on rescue websites now and stare at the cute dutch bunnies :lol:

Back