• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do they need a pen overnight?

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
Islay and Jura were spayed yesterday (and all went well :wave:), and at the moment, they are in the 3ft dog cage they were travelling in. I want them in overnight, so I want them to stay in the cage (plus, it smells like them), do you think they will need a pen overnight? They haven't done a whole lot of movement since they got home, but I'm wondering if I should attach a pen to them and leave the door open? It's only 4 ft, but then, its better than being stuck in a 3ft cage.

But then I wonder, is this too much space too soon? Feel free to laugh if this sounds silly :lol:

I would keep them in the crate as it might hurt their tummies if they move around too much at first. But saying that, Tink was kept in something that size and there was only 1 of her. ;) I'm sure it wont hurt to add a pen if you think they are stressed in any way with not having much space. Just don't make it too big.

Glad they went well by the way. :D Have you picked up your new little boy yet? :wave:

I would keep them in the crate as it might hurt their tummies if they move around too much at first. But saying that, Tink was kept in something that size and there was only 1 of her. ;) I'm sure it wont hurt to add a pen if you think they are stressed in any way with not having much space. Just don't make it too big.

Glad they went well by the way. :D Have you picked up your new little boy yet? :wave:

Thanks, this is day two after their spay, but I will restrict it a bit until a few more days.

And yes, I have him :love: just posted a thread. Nethies are funny looking :lol: but I love him.

Back