• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

update on shakiras bad experience

shakiraminilop

Warren Scout
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=292224

previous thread!! please dnt judge me

rite i have bought her this cage yer i feel she is to small for it but she will be kept in it during the night and out all day.

as she got her teeth caught and mouth etc i cant deal with bars!! i have risk assesed them all even the wire mesh cubes r not safe as if one tooth went in there she turn her head panic and b stuk i just cant be thinking what will happen mum thinks the same.

we have no room to put her in as im a childminder and have to think of hygiene and kids can be evil.

she wil have run of my bunny proofed room in the day.

:( but this has reli shook me up

I am currently trying to find other cages which are bigger but plastic ne help?

259359_10150199989711914_508081913_7150926_2118516_o.jpg

257179_10150199990371914_508081913_7150928_7014081_o.jpg

Just an idea but could you not put a very thin mesh on the dog crate to make the bar spacing a lot smaller?

Glad she's okay then, even if you're still a bit, understandably shaken x

ne gap id just worrying bout as im in such a state about it im worried bout the ones on top of the cage. :(

i cant cope i get so upset seeing animals hurt.

I have put teddy in there which smells ov me as i been advised to as she gets lonely at nite time as all she wants to do is be with me i just duno what to do for the best we r considering converting spare room for her so i think that is most likely x

Bless you, you look like you've tried to make it as nice for her as possible.

ETA: The converted spare room sounds a good plan.

:shock: how scarey for you and little bunster :shock:

i think the spare room conversion will be a great plan, though will she miss you at night as she's at the mo in your room??

x

oh no hope shes ok!

ive ditched their cage now. I use pets at home playpen panels to corner off a section of my room (well the majority of it) and use their old cage as a massive litter tray without the wire top on. I had to take it off as one of mine found it funny to jump on top and climb across the wires...:shock:

Glad shes okay now. Sorry I cant be any help with a bigger cage but have you thought about a c+c cage as the bars are to small to be an issue?

Random fact of the day.... I see you got her cage from hollybush! :oops: :lol:

oh no hope shes ok!

ive ditched their cage now. I use pets at home playpen panels to corner off a section of my room (well the majority of it) and use their old cage as a massive litter tray without the wire top on. I had to take it off as one of mine found it funny to jump on top and climb across the wires...:shock:

mone climb ontop the wires, i put towels across it and they use it as a bed x

Gosh, what a scary thing to happen! I'm so glad she hasn't been injured. And don't worry, we all have done things or seen something happen that we felt guilty for - Same for me just yesterday.

I think it'll be brill once she's free-roam in a bunny proofed room. For now that cage will do but have you thought about NIC cubes from B&Q? I know they can be quite useful. :wave:

oh no hope shes ok!

good idea to section off a chunk of the room if bun can't be totally free-range:)

Glad shes okay now. Sorry I cant be any help with a bigger cage but have you thought about a c+c cage as the bars are to small to be an issue?

Random fact of the day.... I see you got her cage from hollybush! :oops: :lol:

hi yer its from hollybush lol only place i cud find acage like this asap. ur from cannock not far from me as im from lichfield lol.

at the mo she is going to have run of my room in day while im out as i used to keep her in cage when i was out! and at nite she will be in cage, she was very good in it last nite and yes she will miss having me in the room lol

were just so attached to each other id die if nething happen to her sound so silly lol

I have put teddy in there which smells ov me as i been advised to as she gets lonely at nite time as all she wants to do is be with me i just duno what to do for the best we r considering converting spare room for her so i think that is most likely x

My two are in a spare room and only use the cage to sleep and to feel safe. If you can take away every danger, it's a really good idea!
Also please consider getting her a friend. If they bond, you'll get to see lots of lovely bunny cuddles!

My two are in a spare room and only use the cage to sleep and to feel safe. If you can take away every danger, it's a really good idea!
Also please consider getting her a friend. If they bond, you'll get to see lots of lovely bunny cuddles!

my mum wont let me it was hard enough to get her to let me have 1 pet lol x

Back